Daslightremote

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

guus1983
Operating System: Windows

Daslightremote

Post by guus1983 »

Hi everyone.

How do i connect my ipad (2) to the touch center of Daslight 5?
I am on the same wifi netword and running the most recent ios 15.7.2
I am using a windows laptop using windows 11
For some reason the don't find each other.
If the ipad is to old i also have a iphone 13 and it is also running on the latest ios 16.2 but it also does not connect.

hope you can help me.
guus1983

Re: Daslightremote

Post by guus1983 »

I have opent udp port 2430 but that didnt help either. Anybody got an idea?
Ballermöhe
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Ballermöhe »

I am running Daslight on a Macbook Pro and Remote on an Iphone. Both on the newest Update (Ventura and IOS16.2) and I have the same problem
guus1983

Post by guus1983 »

Nobody with a solution?
MatrixLights
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by MatrixLights »

Hey,
guus1983 wrote:Nobody with a solution?

Calm down, it takes a few days until you’ll get a correct answer. Sometimes nobody has the same problem and later fixed it.
First try to update to the latest version of Daslight (5.0.d4).
Do you really use an iPad 2 or what do you mean with iPad (2)? If you do so, the iOS version isn’t really compatible with it.

In 5.0.d3 it worked for me with my iPad and both Mac and MacBook.
Try to open a hotspot with your phone and then connect Computer and iPad with it. If this works, it’s a problem with your network configuration, not with Daslight.

Regards,
Matrix
Answers in English or German

Mac / DL 5.0.2.1 / DVC Gold / AKAI APC Mini mk2
guus1983

Post by guus1983 »

Hi i made a mistake i am using a ipad 4 mini and a iphone 13 al updated to the newest version of the ios. Dashlight is also updated. Stil it wont work. Your idea of a hotspot i wil try and hope it works. The touch function and the app does it go’s via the interface or does that has nothing to do with it?
guus1983

Post by guus1983 »

Hey i tried to use my hotspot but that didnt work either. What else could be the problem?
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

Make sure you have network access enabled on public and private access points on your laptop, usually pops up to allow access when you do a fresh install. or manually disable your firewall on your laptop. If all of that fails check compatibility and run daslight 5 via administrator.
guus1983

Post by guus1983 »

Thanks will try that. Hope it helps
guus1983

Post by guus1983 »

DJMan32 wrote:Make sure you have network access enabled on public and private access points on your laptop, usually pops up to allow access when you do a fresh install. or manually disable your firewall on your laptop. If all of that fails check compatibility and run daslight 5 via administrator.

So i shut off al my windows firewalls. On the ipad it didn’t work but on my iphone it did. Now to figure out how to run the remote with firewalls on. I did a new install of dashlight on the laptop. Did not get the pop up unfortunalie but i think i already have al the acces enabeld.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

I'm assuming you are running windows 10, so go to firewall & network protection, at the bottom in the blue text options, go to allow an app through firewall, enable change settings, scroll down to daslight 5 and make sure domain, private, and public is checked. Make sure to save. also on your apple devices make sure you do not have a vpn running, and on your ipad try disabling private IP under your wifi network's settings.
guus1983

Post by guus1983 »

DJMan32 wrote:I'm assuming you are running windows 10, so go to firewall & network protection, at the bottom in the blue text options, go to allow an app through firewall, enable change settings, scroll down to daslight 5 and make sure domain, private, and public is checked. Make sure to save. also on your apple devices make sure you do not have a vpn running, and on your ipad try disabling private IP under your wifi network's settings.

It works thanks for all the help everybody i am realy grateful