Symmetry Adjustments

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

alloneword
Operating System: Mac OS X

Symmetry Adjustments

Post by alloneword »

Is there a way to adjust symmetry between fixtures?

I see a button that says Symmetry when I right-click the viewer on the Setup page, but clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything.

It seems like I can never know what fixtures the software is going to consider symmetrical with others.

As an example, lets say addresses 001,021,041,&061 are moving heads. You would think that 001 and 061 would be a pair and 021 and 041 would be a pair. Sometimes it is, but other times it pairs 001 with 021 and 041 with 061. Now for my display to look symmetrical, I need to address them as 001 - 041 - 021 - 061. This is really counterintuitive and makes additional notes necessary to repeat a build from one location to the next.

If I wanted to apply a quick chase to all of my fixtures, it runs through them in the order they're addressed, not the order they're mapped in the viewer.

I feel like we need a symmetry editor of some kind to generate cohesive sequences.
juls

Re: Symmetry Adjustments

Post by juls »

Hello,
the order the fixture is mapped in the viewer is used by the FX. so you can easily make an symmetry pattern
Regards
Julien
Attachments
screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg (86.54 KiB) Viewed 906 times
screen1.jpg
screen1.jpg (92.92 KiB) Viewed 906 times
alloneword
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Symmetry Adjustments

Post by alloneword »

Thanks for clarifying.

The issue I'm having happens when we have 4 or 6 moving heads in a row. Fixtures 1& 2 will be in phase and 3&4 are in phase. They're in a line on my viewer, but for whatever reason it's not applying that to the pattern This is where I've re-addressed the fixtures to fake symmetry.