Multiple FX?

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

julianb
Operating System: Windows

Multiple FX?

Post by julianb »

Hi! Thank you so much for releasing Daslight 5 beta! It's looks really great!

I just started using it but i can't find a way to add multiple effects to one scene. In Daslight 4 it was possible to add multiple effect on a group of fixtures to one scene. I can't find a way to do this in Daslight 5? The only way I've found is to use 'Super Scene', but to make a super scene I need to make a lot of normal scenes first.

What I want to do is something like this: Add 1 curve for tilt and 1 curve for pan. I don't want to use the same curve for both tilt and pan. I trying to make the movement more random and unique.

When will the manual for Daslight 5 be available?

EDIT: This feature is now available in the latest D5 beta version!
Last edited by julianb on Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
NVIDIA RTX 3080 | Ryzen 3800X | Daslight 5 | DVC GOLD (2022)
86bibo

Re: Multiple FX?

Post by 86bibo »

Hello Julian,
this is not forseen in Daslight 5. I also asked for this feature during the Alpha phase.
You can use the Superscene for that, but then you are not able to use these scene in another superscene (e.g. together with Dimmer, Color, Gobo,...).
I also used this a lot in DVC4 and even if DVC 5 is a great SW, I really miss this feature.
julianb

Post by julianb »

86bibo wrote:Hello Julian,
this is not forseen in Daslight 5. I also asked for this feature during the Alpha phase.
You can use the Superscene for that, but then you are not able to use these scene in another superscene (e.g. together with Dimmer, Color, Gobo,...).
I also used this a lot in DVC4 and even if DVC 5 is a great SW, I really miss this feature.

Thank you for clarifying, I was looking all over the place to see if there was something I had missed. This is really disappointing. I really love the new Daslight 5, but I don't think I will be using it until there is a solution to stack effects and apply them to different fixtures in one scene. Creating a whole page of scenes, just to combine them in a super scene is just cluttering everything up.. At least there should be a way to add custom "blocks" to the super scene, without creating a normal scene on the live/edit page.

Beside that I think Daslight 5 is a big step forward, but missing this feature is critical. It's only a beta, so let's hope this is something they will bring back in the near future.
86bibo

Post by 86bibo »

Excactly my words. Especially the effect generator for moving heads is really really good and simple to create "complex" moves. Maybe there are also others, which miss this feature, that leads to a rethinking at the programmers.
Timo

Post by Timo »

Hey there,

Maybe my problem fits here:
I would like to use a curve effect for a 4-LED bar to display different colors in the sinus curve. Unfortunately I can only add one color for the complete bar in the FX Generator.

With Daslight 4 you could still assign a single color to each LED in the Curve FX, for example LED 1 red LED 2 blue LED 3 red LED 4 blue.

Is there a solution for this? Basically, you just have to be able to integrate individual faders into the FX Generator.

Thanks a lot. :)
willm

Post by willm »

Hello everyone!

In response to the posts by @julianb and @86bibo :

Just an update on this - I can confirm that we have reopened the discussion on 'stacking FX' and are looking to implement this feature into Daslight 5 before the fist 'Official' version! :D

-----

In response to @ Timo :

This is something that we are aware of and the information has been shared with the developers - hopefully we will be able to implement this functionality soon!

Kind regards,
Will
86bibo

Post by 86bibo »

Great !!!!
julianb

Post by julianb »

willm wrote:Hello everyone!

In response to the posts by @julianb and @86bibo :

Just an update on this - I can confirm that we have reopened the discussion on 'stacking FX' and are looking to implement this feature into Daslight 5 before the fist 'Official' version! :D

-----

In response to @ Timo :

This is something that we are aware of and the information has been shared with the developers - hopefully we will be able to implement this functionality soon!

Kind regards,
Will

This is great news! Thank you for keeping us updated!
angekam

Post by angekam »

Hi All,

Do we know if it is now possible to 'stack FX's' in the current Beta version? Julian, you're spot on with this point - this is a massive fundamental feature that will make this Daslight 5 a more powerful platform. I have been using Sunlite Suite 3 and whilst this is far more powerful than Daslight 4, it is not as user friendly compared to D4 and D5. I am hoping D5 will more or less match with Sunlite Suite 3 in terms of capabilities, and stacking FX's is a must to even get close to this.

I hope this can happen!!

Ange
julianb

Post by julianb »

angekam wrote:Hi All,

Do we know if it is now possible to 'stack FX's' in the current Beta version? Julian, you're spot on with this point - this is a massive fundamental feature that will make this Daslight 5 a more powerful platform. I have been using Sunlite Suite 3 and whilst this is far more powerful than Daslight 4, it is not as user friendly compared to D4 and D5. I am hoping D5 will more or less match with Sunlite Suite 3 in terms of capabilities, and stacking FX's is a must to even get close to this.

I hope this can happen!!

Ange

Hi!

I can confirm that stacking FX is working in the latest D5 beta! I just tried multiple effects on top of each other without any problems! I think the Daslight team did a great job and fixed this very fast. I can't wait to see how Daslight 5 will evolve. :D
Weale

Post by Weale »

I just switched from Daslight 4 am using Daslight 5. It is quite useful. New features are installed for greater work efficiency. That was amazing.baldi's basics