Superszene BPM

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

PMServices
Operating System: Mac OS X

Superszene BPM

Post by PMServices »

We had the discussion about BPM connection within the superscene in the alpha version. Will that be implemented now or will it stay with the normal timeline?

Is there a possibility to improve the algorithm of the BPM scenes? Often there is also stuttering.

greetings
juls

Re: Superszene BPM

Post by juls »

Hello

Yes, it's planed to add BPM connection in superscene.

What kind of problem do you have with BPM scenes ?

Regards
PMServices

Post by PMServices »

Sometimes such FX, e.g. Move FX's, tend to jerk during the process. That's why I let this run in time now.

In general, I can't currently use Superscene with BPM controlled scenes, as they then slow down or speed up. The superscene then only takes the time as a parameter, if the BPM doesn't match with the time, the scene within the superscene will slow down or speed up.

I also don't like the transition between e.g. color effects within a super scene. It always seems choppy or interrupted.
geheimereichkater

Post by geheimereichkater »

Heya there. I've been diving into DS5 for a couple of days now and I am intending to synch it to a show that's run from Ableton Live. MIDI works, all is fine. With the arrival of super scenes it should be easy to prepare complete tracks/songs.

But: What am I missing here? How is the basic unit of the super scene NOT bpm? This makes no sense at all. And how is this not even adjustable to bpm? All the regular scenes I've been preparing and switching to driving mode "bpm" play in time according to the MIDI clock signal in LIVE-mode, only the super scene ignores it and slows every scene down to what … seconds instead of beats? That's not just a bug or a mvp issue, this makes it absolutely unusable. Or I did I miss some essential steps? I am really puzzled :shock:
juls

Post by juls »

Hello,

For now, as it's allow to add an audio track in a superscene, it's not possible to drive it with BPM.
We are working to find the best solution to add this feature.

Regards
geheimereichkater

Post by geheimereichkater »

Hey juls, thanks for your response.

Would it maybe be possible to instead have a "virtual" scene which just triggers other (regular) scenes and have this "virtual" scene driven by bpm?

What other options do I have to program lights in bpm? Do I have to trigger regular scenes via MIDI directly from Ableton Live then? This means that I'd omit the modularity and comfort of combining time sensitive scenes (i. e. chaser) with a color makro. Or can I combine / superimpose if I trigger two scenes at the same time through MIDI?

I don't wanna start converting 16th notes in 84 bpm into milliseconds, that's so 90s and frankly not practicable for a whole concert, also it adds a completely unnecessary layer of possible errors to the process :wink: Also, I would have to reprogram every chaser for each song, I cannot have one basic chaser which adapts to the song-tempo because there's no tempo in superscenes, am I right?

From your writing, it doesn't sound like bpm integration for super scenes was anywhere close?

Regards