Firmware Update

The new upgradable interface. Ships with 128 channels and can be upgraded to 512 channels, FULL mode and other software via DmxSoft.com

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

AxelF
Operating System: Windows

Firmware Update

Post by AxelF »

Hi there,

i have a big problem, which sadly happens before a live gig with my band, so that we actually could not use the software at that evening. It works a couple of days before, but know Daslight forces me to make a firmware update, which is not possible as the hardware manager says that there is no internet connection (which is wrong, as all other software with internet connection is working). The problem is, that the software is now running in demo mode. So I am stuck in the middle of nowhere. Any help is appreciated.

Best regards
Axel
TomHat

Re: Firmware Update

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Please download and install the very latest version of Dalsight4 available on our website. The first time you start Hardware Manager, you might get a message box asking if you want to grant internet access to this software. It's important that you accept this.

Let us know if this fixed your issue.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
MRJ
Operating System: Windows

Post by MRJ »

I have the same problem.

Intalled latest DasLight4 in a new PC. Granted internet access. Verified that I have access to the internet. Now runs Demo mode and says there is no internet access.

There is a new option in Hardware manager "Add Internet" - Is it required to set this up??

BR MRJ
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Have you updated your interface's firmware ?

MRJ wrote:There is a new option in Hardware manager "Add Internet" - Is it required to set this up??

No, there's nothing for you to do there. Your issue is most probably caused by the fact that your interface has a firmware installed that's too old.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I was facing the same issue.

I have an old DVC3 512 (SIUDI 9B with firmware version 1.21 fro 2014) interface. After installing the latest version of Daslight Virtual Controller 3 I also got the message that my firmware is too old.
After some googling I also found the hint to use the HardwareManager located in the installation folder, but it wasn't working for me, as well.

I saw on the circuit board, that the actual producer of my device is www.nicolaudie.com. So, I checked out their homepage and found a HardwareManager on https://www.nicolaudie.com/en/download.htm under the tools section, too. I downloaded, extracted and ran it. And as this version includes several firmwares already it could just install it without downloading it from somewhere.

Now I have firmware version 1.22 from 2018 and Daslight Virtual Controller 3 is working again.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience on this forum. Indeed, this was a good way to make sure your version of HardwareManager was up to date before tyring to update your device's firmware.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support