Dongle does bisar after few minute's

512 in and 512 out

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Meneer-Vork

Dongle does bisar after few minute's

Post by Meneer-Vork »

Hello, the dongle (DVC 2 513) does realy bisar after a few minutes. In the begin all the lamps/fixeture's are running perfectly but than... SUDDENLY its like my dongle is jumping to Stand alone, but there are no pré programmed stand alone scene's on the dongle it self. A friend of mine thought it was windows that is shutting down the USB connection but apparently the option is not ON.

Any one an idea? :) it is realy sh*tting me cause i have a big show tomorrow.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Does the green USB light stay on? If it is flashing then the USB connection has been lost. This an often be caused by a power surge such as a smoke machine lighting power supply on the same circuit as your laptop power.
Meneer-Vork

Post by Meneer-Vork »

simonB wrote:Does the green USB light stay on? If it is flashing then the USB connection has been lost. This an often be caused by a power surge such as a smoke machine lighting power supply on the same circuit as your laptop power.

Nope, all the lights where good. And i have found the problem :). I used a virtual machine (VM fusion) that worked perfectly fine untill i installed a update.
Apperently one of the drivers stops working after a few minute's, nasty bug! Sow i installed windows 7 on a NTFS partition on my macbook and all my problems where gone for good! ^^. Lessons of the day: never use a virtual machine :)