DMX IN - Clarification!

512 in and 512 out

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

firstly Lxrixta welcome to the users of Daslight. We are all of the opinion that DVC2 is a superb piece of software, easy to use , logical in its editor functions, simple in its live mode use, unfortunately the "creators" have advised us that it was initially designed for Disco use only, hence it's simplistic design. None of us were aware of this fact when we purchased the system.

However in defence of the "creators" thay have tried recently (after a 2 year gap of nothingness) to impliment some of the many suggestions that users like us have made, but some of us feel this is just a dangling carrot, in an attempt to get us to upgrade to dvc3 when it finally arrives, due some time in the autumn, but as you state this will come at a cost as all users will definately have to purchase a new USB-DMX interface to get access to the new software.
How else will the developer get paid?

And also we at this stage are being kept pretty much in the dark as to what will be included in the new version.

We can only hope our suggestions will be implemented, but it seems the "creator" wishes to simplify further the product, so we can all sit here and wait for snippits of information as they are spoon fed to us.

welcome to mushroomville!!
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

-DVC3 is going to be a very large project. Please don't expect a new release within the next 18 months.
-The plan is for the new version to support all interfaces currently being sold.
-Daslight is created so we don't have to tell users to go back and read about DMX. The reason it is so popular is because it can be used out of the box unlike many other DMX controllers. It is not definite that HTP/LTP will be removed but if so, it is most likely that an alternative method will be offered.
-Users are not being kept in the dark. DVC 3 is at the early concept stage. Unlike many other software manufacturers, private alpha testing and public betas are available early on in the development stage.
DJ rann

Post by DJ rann »

Andre wrote:
lxrixta wrote:Thank you Simon, Didnt notice that bit there!! im still getting used to the software, this leads me to another question now, once individual channels have been set up to respond to DMX does this mean that the software wont control them and only the console will have control?? I would test this myself but im out and about at them moment and not near my equipment!

If you are using DMX IN from another console then that has control of any channels in DVC2 assigned as DMX IN, the software does not have control.

It is one of my bug bears of the software, would like the software to take control if new scenes are started that use those channels assigned to DMX IN and when the console values received have changed then that takes control. Should not be too hard to achieve.

are they gona fix this or is there an option to use the dmx in an let the software have control . thats the option that i mostly want , any alternative methodes ?
thx
DJ rann
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

It's not a bug. It may be changed in DVC3.
broos88

DMX-in

Post by broos88 »

HI, i got a problem, if i want to use dmx-in whit daslight it wont work.

but if i use the tool from daslight every thing is perfect, then i see that DMX-in is working, but if i go to daslight it wont.

i got windows 7 64Bit

i have tryed olmoste every thing. but no succes.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

OK setting up DVC to use dmx in.

stage one.

top ribbon "options" select the tick box dmx in.

live screen mode select either general tab or fixture tab and right clich the channel slider at the bottom where is has a green box marked auto.

this opens a dialogue box. now select either straight patch . which for dimmers is great 1 to 1. in universe 1. for the first however many.

or more complicated ie for a set of moving heads . the shutter channel then use the syntax at the bottom 5.11.17.25. etc for the shutter only channel. and if you dont want strobing . limit the channel upper dmx value.
broos88

Post by broos88 »

Hey THX for the quick responce but i have tryd it and no results.

the whole patch is on dmx-in,DMX-in and out are on universe 1.

the controler i use is a Eurolite 192CH.
whit the tool it works but whit daslight it still wont.
i even tryd whit dmx-in on universe 2 but still not working. :(
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

have you tried the dmx reversing switch on the back of the controller.???

oh and in the tools interface box have you set up the universe 1 to be an "in " not and "out" universe.??
broos88

Post by broos88 »

Yes even that, i also tryd it whit my other light controler but same results.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

so let me get this straight. you have connected the dmx output from your controller into the in socket on the interface. you have checked that the "tools" interface. goldDVC second box drop down universe is set to 1 in not out.

and in the options menu you have ticked the dmx input option.

then simply select channel 1 on the general tab right click auto, set to orange in symbol , now move the slider on channel one and nothing happens???

another thought is to unplug the interface close the program, replug the interface , wait for the computer to show it is connected, now restart the program. now set the interface for dmx in on universe 1.

if this is ths case and the slide switch on the back of the controller hasw been tried in both positions then there is a bigger problem.

best to send a pm to SimonB. it sounds like you have an interface problem.
broos88

Post by broos88 »

Yes i have put my controler out into the input of my interface.
i got the DVC512 interface whit the firmware SIUDI8.

my DMX input is @ universe 2 and the output @ universe 1 on the tools test page.

everything is working fine if i use the tool box, i got a good reading on the dmx in and the out is woring fine to.

but if i switch input to universe 1 and output to universe 2 nothing happens .

when i use daslight, whit input @ universe 2 and oudput on universe 1.
the output is working fine, but if i set evry thing for dmx-in nothing works.

and even on both input and output on universe 1 the output works but the input is still the same, nothing.

But i also see that a red led is blinking, the led @ the side of my dmx input.

thank you for your help ill send an PM to SimonB