Interfacing analog mixer to daslight 4

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Crythemithos696
Operating System: Windows

Interfacing analog mixer to daslight 4

Post by Crythemithos696 »

Good morning everyone,
First of all, I apologize if by chance there is already a discussion regarding my doubt, but I haven't found anything exhaustive, I'm an Italian guy who is passionate about audio/lights, I've just started using daslight 4 with an external interface to manage some lights, I was wondering if it was possible to connect an analog mixer via interface to use the physical cursors and not those of the software, I have both an outdated Coemar manual system 12 plus mixer and a modern and cheap SoundStation scene maker 12 16 pro usb.. thank you in advance who can give me exhaustive answers on this.
TomHat

Re: Interfacing analog mixer to daslight 4

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Daslight4 is compatible with DMX input. You have to plug your console directly into the DMX input on your Daslight DMX interface, and map (right-click on the fader -> Edit DMX mapping) your fader to the console's control.

You can take a look at this : viewtopic.php?t=6231

Your Daslight DMX interface needs to be compatible with DMX Input. Depending on the model, it could be already included, needing upgrade or simply incompatible. You can check our website for more info about this.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Crythemithos696
Operating System: Windows

Re: Interfacing analog mixer to daslight 4

Post by Crythemithos696 »

Hello,
thank you for the exhaustive answer, i found the possibility on daslight 4 of dmx mapping in, being at the beginning with the analog/digital dmx connection, i would like to ask for further clarifications if possible. if i understand correctly, i need a usb interface - dmx in compatible with the software, right? but on the analog console do I connect to the dmx output as I should connect the spotlights or do I need a special output? Can you tell me an interface suitable for this type of connection?
Thank you