The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ORL
Operating System: Windows

Akai APC MINI MK2 Blinking pad ?

Post by ORL »

Hello,
Sorry for my bad English,
I need your help to configure the MIDI outputs from Daslight 4 to an AKAI APC MINI MK2.
I am trying to configure the buttons as follows:
Off: any color, On: same color but flashing (blinking)
This function was possible on the MK1 but I can't find equivalent now on the MK2.
The only possibility I have found is to permanently flash the color (on and off) by changing the Channel (1 to 16)!
Please HELP ME
Thank you
ORL
MatrixLights
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Akai APC MINI MK2 Blinking pad ?

Post by MatrixLights »

Hey,

the blinking effect was a function of the MK1 since it had no rgb light. So you had 6 "colors" (3 static, 3 blinking) and off. You only select one of this colors and the APC Mini does the rest with blinking.
The MK2 has rgb now with 128 different colors with off. So there is no possibility that the pads could blink until this was implemented as a feature. I'd also like to see such a feature but this would be part of DL5.

Regards,
Matrix
Answers in English or German

Mac / DL 5.0.2.1 / DVC Gold / AKAI APC Mini mk2
ORL

Post by ORL »

Thank Matrix for your message,
Apparently you are also using an MK2...
Could you please give me an example of your button colors configuration (pictures) ?
For me, I use the MK2 to change the colors of 12 PAR FLAT LED RGBWAUV.
I use the same color on the MK2 buttons as the color of the PAR LEDs that I want,
But how to differentiate quickly the same color between an ON and an OFF ?
Thank you again for your help
Regards
ORL
majorityeven

Post by majorityeven »

I've been working on this to find out what AKAI is dodrift bossing. Unfortunately, I'm very busy at work right now, so progress has been, at best, slow and broken. I wish they could just make KORG-style software. You can change the pad to your liking with that tool. It looks like AKAI thought, "Oh, this is what everyone wants to use for Ableton."