how to keep moving heads in last position

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

jeroentjed
Operating System: Windows

how to keep moving heads in last position

Post by jeroentjed »

Hi all!

Just a quick question. I googled it but didn't find it (or I didn't used the right words)
After ending a scene, all my moving heads go back to there standard position. Is there a way to let them stay in the last position?

Regards from this Daslight newbie ;-)

Jeroen
TomHat

Re: how to keep moving heads in last position

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

If you wish for your fixtures to stay in their latest position, you will ned to set the scene to not "release at end". If there is no active scene, your Daslight4 will still send DMX values, only these values will all be of "0".

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
jeroentjed

Post by jeroentjed »

Hi Tomhat,

thanks for replying!

your Daslight4 will still send DMX values, only these values will all be of "0".

I think this is the problem. When fading out after release, the pan/tilt also goes to "0". I can fix that by deselecting fade in the patch list on pan and tilt but that's giving problems with other scenes.

Is there a way to make it this way?

regards,

Jeroen
Valmer

Post by Valmer »

It's what I said in another post.
The problem is in the switches at the bottom of fader in state "On", also if you don't use the Pan-Tilt values in that particular scene (fixtures only dimmer are an example)
If you don't want a change in position of fixture A (for example) every new scene, the only system I've found is setting in Edit mode the button for fixture A to "Off" in ALL the scenes don't using the fixture.
You must put attention not to change these buttons to "On" when you change a scene that doesn't use that fixture.
It's simple to do the first time. But long if you have never done before.
Furthermore, if you change for any reason Pan or Tilt for that fixture in Setup mode, EVERY scene turn to "On" Pan or Tilt for that fixture.
I don't know why this happens, because I understand a change in Pan or Tilt but not a change in "On/Off" button.

I have often to change the position of the Moving heads for the various stage.
Sometimes they go on the top of the stage, sometimes on the floor,, so I need to change the Pan/Tilt parameters.
I have to change all the buttons in scenes not using those moving heads, because the buttons of changed parameter are set to "On".

This situation causes a changing in position also for those fixtures not in use in that scene.
So I have to reposition them to "Off"... otherwise they turn here and there every new scene.
In your case they go to the Home position: 0,0