Some notes and suggestions

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Valmer
Operating System: Windows

Some notes and suggestions

Post by Valmer »

Hello! After some time in using this program I have some notes .
I’m using the last version of Daslight (October 2022)

1) This is the major problem I’ve seen:
If I change for any reason a parameter in patch, ALL the scenes have this parameter changed.
This is salso for those scenes with “OFF” on the parameter.
Example (estreme):
I have 100 scenes with 24 devices only dimmerable (no tilt, no pan).
And I have only one device with tilt and pan and (always fo example) only one scene using this.
If I change in patch menu the parameter for tilt (an example) for this device, ALL the scenes are affected for the changed parameter for that device.
So I’ll found 100 scenes with only pars in which the tilt for that device is put in ON state.
What is the problem? If I also use the scene with pars the moving head will move.
Anyime I change a scene the fixture moves because the value of tilt is changed.
So I have to select the moving head and switch in all the scenes to OFF.
I can understand the switch of tilt or pan from “Off” to “On” for the scenes using the moving head, but not for those which are not using that fixture.
There are some cases where the fixtures need a change in different locations, putting on the floor than on top.
A possible solution is not to switch from "Off" to "On" for all the scenes not using the fixtures involved in changed parameters.
Or maybe is there a different solutions?

2) I use a touch screen and this is't a big problem:
Flash button doesn’t work. To make the flash effect I need to choose the release. Instead with mouse it’s all ok.

3) I’ve noticed that Easyview has some troubles (“Time loading” eternal) if it’s charged after Daslight.
If I have Automatic loading "On" in 3D Simulator and I close Easyview, I cannot reload it no more,
If Easyview starts BEFORE Daslight, no problem.
If it starts AFTER, many times it doesn’t open. I need to close the window.

4) Using touch screen for the faders in SHOW is a mess. I need to use the mouse for faders.
I don’t know if this a Daslight problem or not.
Maybe it could be useful make greater knobs for the faders.
The screen is large, but the touch on the faders sometimes goes well, many times fails

5) This is a request for multiple changes in SHOW with Modify mode.
If I select multiple button and choose “Show Configuration” would be useful add “Text Position” and “Icon”
Now we have “Color”, “Width”,” Height”, “Text Color” and “Text Size”.
Think a changing of 100 scenes to put the text in center…

6) This is only for italian users… :wink:  Some text are not translated in italian.

I don’t know if all I’ve written has other solutions.
At the moment I use it for the shows, but changing locations and not having a stable position (theatre or church) are sometimes problems.
And sorry for my non-perfect english, but I hope I explained clearly (much or less) what I meant.
Best regards.
Valmer
Operating System: Windows

Re: Some notes and suggestions

Post by Valmer »

A correction to note 1) at the beginning.

Instead of “ If I change for any reason a parameter in patch, ALL the scenes have this parameter changed.
This is salso for those scenes with “OFF” on the parameter.

I meant “ If I change for any reason an option of a fixture in patch mode (from pan to reverse pan, from tilt to reverse tilt, etc), ALL the scenes have a switch from “Off” to “On” for that fixture”,
This switch is also for the scenes that don’t use the value for that fixture (Off).
Thanks