No audio input

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

PHdZ
Operating System: Windows

No audio input

Post by PHdZ »

Hi, I want to use the audio input in Daslight 4, but all I got is a drop down list with the option "None". I have seen in several YouTube videos where people got several options. I got multiple audio inputs/microphones connected to my computer, and also got a standard inbuilt one. Other applications like Zoom, Messenger, etc. have no trouble accessing these, so this seems to be a Daslight 4 only problem. Have someone experienced the same? Or know how I can get Daslight 4 to find the inputs?

I got version Oct 21 (22.1021.9630.1511) on Windows 10 (19044.2251).

noaudio.png
noaudio.png (89.7 KiB) Viewed 8478 times
PHdZ

Re: No audio input

Post by PHdZ »

I did some more research. Windows got privacy settings for microphones. On my computer these settings are set to allow desktop programs to use microphones. I have now tried Daslight 3, 4 and 5 Beta. In these settings I can see a list of programs that have accessed a microphone. The only Daslight program on this list is Daslight 5 Beta. Unfortunately, I am too unfamiliar with 5 Beta to understand how to get a scene to follow the beat of music. (What is for example Beat Go? And where is information how to use it?) Is it correct of me to conclude that the problem is Daslight 3 and 4 not trying to access the microphone, or is it some other setting that I haven’t found preventing them from accessing the microphone?
PHdZ

Post by PHdZ »

After using too many hours looking into the problem I am fairly sure this must be a software bug. Is there any other way than this forum to get a hold of Daslight support? I received my new dvc gold yesterday and was planning to us it on an event on Saturday, but I really need this feature to work to make a somewhat entertaining setup.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Please contact the support team via this page :
https://store.daslight.com/en/support

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588