Moving Patterns are not correct and more...

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Viking
Operating System: Windows

Moving Patterns are not correct and more...

Post by Viking »

Hey everyone, me again^^

So, after a couple Month, i finally was able to use my new "DMX Knowlegde" on a real Setup, although i wasn´t very happy with the Outcome.
At least, the Guests didn´t noticed it, so i guess they were happy anyways.
Unfortunately, i wasn´t able to run a proper Test of the Setup beforehand.

These are my Problems:
If i set a Moving Head (Or multiple) to a Circle Pattern Effect, it doesn´t actually runs a Circle, but a Figure-8 instead, which means that half of the Time, the Heads were illuminating my Setup, which sits underneath the Truss Arc, or the Wall behind me...Not what i wanted though.
I changed the Shape in the PAN/TILT Effect (This Circle in DS4 with the Dots to move around) but that wasn´t what i wanted either, because then, half of the Time, the Heads were just pointing straight down.
So, how do i need to set up the Effect, to get an actual Circle, and not a Figure-8?

The other Problem is, that everything seems to be Mirrored.
For Example: I set up the Heads, so that the "Rest"-Position is centered to the Front (at least in the Visualizer), but the Real Heads are centered to the Back, and that´s also where they start their Patterns. I worked around it, by just mounting the Heads front to back on the Truss, but i really didn´t liked that the Wiring was visible for the Guests.
Also, when i set any Motion Effect, the Heads are doing a Full 180 before starting to show the actual Pattern, both in the Visualizer and the physical Ones.

Last but not least, i also use 2 Gobo-Heads and here´s even the Gobo Graphic in the Visualizer mirrored.

I double and triple checked everything.
The selected Heads in the Software are correct and the Channel Setup is Correct.
Even tried multiple different XLR-Cables.

So, is that a Problem by me, or is it Software related?

Thanks a lot in Advance for your Help!

PS:
Here´s the Setup, in Case the Brand Names Help:

4x Lixada 14Ch Led Wash Moving Heads.
2x UKing 12Channel Led Gobo Moving Head
8x Eurolite 5Ch Led Par56-CAN (No Problems with these!)
I know it´s low Budget, but that´s what i have.
TomHat

Re: Moving Patterns are not correct and more...

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Terribly sorry about the response delay. Have you had a look at this setting right there ? (see image)
PT.png
PT.png (212.58 KiB) Viewed 954 times

It allows you to let the software know that your fixture is placed in such a way that it'll interpret PAN/TILT values differently.

Let me know if this helped.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500