Fog/Smoke Machines via DMX on DasLight 4

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

nt2ds
Operating System: Windows

Fog/Smoke Machines via DMX on DasLight 4

Post by nt2ds »

Hello everyone
I want to use a smoke machine and control it via DMX with DasLight 4 the only information I found was from a very old post dating back to 2008

Does anyone know how I can do it?
beathousepro

Re: Fog/Smoke Machines via DMX on DasLight 4

Post by beathousepro »

If your Fog/Smoke Machine is DMX capable, then it will work just like any other DMX fixture.

Do you have Daslight working with your lights?

What is the Make/Model of the Fog Machine you are using?

I might suggest you read up on DMX and understand how it works and it should be pretty straight forward once you understand it.

The Haze machine I use, is controlled with 2 channels. Ch1: Haze Volume, Ch2: Fan Speed.
nt2ds

Post by nt2ds »

Yes, DasLight is already working with my lights
The smoke machine is in a club and it doesn't have the name on top and neither do i have the box to see its details
I know how DMX works but i can't find the number of channels the smoke machine uses to even try with ScanLibrary or the "1 channel smoke machine" from the "Varied" tab
beathousepro

Post by beathousepro »

My suggestion would be to patch a generic 4-6 channel fixture (light, moving head, anything) to the fixtures corresponding address, and then control the fixture in Daslight using the faders. Once you figure out the mapping of the channels you could find a more appropriate fixture to patch or create your own by adding it to the ScanLibrary/Fixture Creator.

Sometimes, I patch my hazer as a light and control it this way when I'm in a hurry, as I only care about the channels and their values. The physical representation in Daslight doesn't mean anything, the goal is just to send the correct data down the pipe so that the fogger responds.

I can't imagine a fogger has more than 4 Channels, but maybe.
ModernTalking

Post by ModernTalking »

Hello. The information about the machine you use is probably too old,flappy bird so not many people know about its information.