New User with some Questions

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Viking
Operating System: Windows

New User with some Questions

Post by Viking »

Hi everyone, i´m very new to Daslight, which means i just installed and ran it for the first Time, last Saturday Evening,
with absolutely no prior Experience about DMX Programming.

I got to say, after about an Hour of Tutorials, everything became pretty intuitive and i already created a nice Virtual Setup during the last couple Days.
Although today, the Program crashed to the Desktop after about 4 Hours, when i tried to patch another Moving Head in.
Honestly, i wasn´t very happy that 4 Hours of Work, just went down the Drain.

So my first Question: Is there an Autosave Option?!

The Second Question is, altough i´m not sure if this is the right Section for it:
Do all Moving Heads in Easy View, just have this white Spot with "Gobo XY", instead of an actual Gobo Graphic, or does this depend on the Brand?

Thank you in Advance, for your Help!

- Viking
prasedenica

Re: New User with some Questions

Post by prasedenica »

I'm a newbie too, hope to get more information from this post duck life
jp35

Post by jp35 »

salut Viking .

pour la sauvegarde automatique ( toutes les minutes ) : "PREFERENCES" puis cocher la case "AUTO SAVE"

pour un fichier volumineux cela devient vite énervant car cela prend du temps chaque minute...
reste la solution après quelques mémoires créées d'enregistrer (en haut à gauche en mode "EDIT") pour ne pas prendre trop de risques car des plantages intempestifs peuvent arriver en mode "EDIT".. !

pour les fictures des luminaires tout dépend de la façon dont ils ont été créés et du soucis du détail enregistré . certains ont beaucoup de graphismes pour les gobos etc.. et d'autres sont très basiques ! :wink:
s.broeer
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by s.broeer »

Hello,

and first ... welcome to Daslight :wink:

Viking wrote:So my first Question: Is there an Autosave Option?!

Of course there's an autosave option. You can find it under the "Preferences" as you could see at the screenshot.

Viking wrote:Do all Moving Heads in Easy View, just have this white Spot with "Gobo XY", instead of an actual Gobo Graphic, or does this depend on the Brand?

When you edit or run a scene and EasyView is open you should see the actually settings for the Moving Heads, for example the choosen color and gobo. I don't know what Moving Heads you're using but for my Hero Spot 90 it works fine.

Regards,
Stephan
Let there be light ...
Stephan
Viking

Post by Viking »

s.broeer wrote:Hello,

and first ... welcome to Daslight :wink:

Viking wrote:So my first Question: Is there an Autosave Option?!

Of course there's an autosave option. You can find it under the "Preferences" as you could see at the screenshot.

Viking wrote:Do all Moving Heads in Easy View, just have this white Spot with "Gobo XY", instead of an actual Gobo Graphic, or does this depend on the Brand?

When you edit or run a scene and EasyView is open you should see the actually settings for the Moving Heads, for example the choosen color and gobo. I don't know what Moving Heads you're using but for my Hero Spot 90 it works fine.

Regards,
Stephan

I found it. Thank you very much for your Help!

With the Gobo´s..
I just got 2 new LED Moving Heads (Real ones this Time :D ) and the Easy View actually shows the Gobo´s.
It doesn´t show the Gobo´s of the Eurolite Heads, so it really seems to depend on the Brand.
Again, Thanks alot!