Making scene with multiple steps using other static scemes

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

markcooper
Operating System: Windows

Making scene with multiple steps using other static scemes

Post by markcooper »

Hi

I have created various static (ie one step) pan and tilt preset scenes. I. Now trying to make a scene with multiple steps using the one step scene a the basis for each step. However, there appears no way to do this. Am I missing something obvious?
TomHat

Re: Making scene with multiple steps using other static scemes

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve here.
Could you be more specific ? Are you trying to create one big scenes containing all your basic "one step" scenes in a "side-by-side" or "simultanious" fashion ? Don't hesitate to use illustrations and/or examples.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
markcooper
Operating System: Windows

Post by markcooper »

Sorry, obviously wasn't clear

I have various position stored as scenes in two groups - pan positions and tile positions. For example, in the tilt positions group I may have forward, up backward. In the pan positions I may have 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees.

I now want to use these to create various other scenes based on these positions. I may want to create a scene with the following:

Step 1 tilt forward 90 degrees
Step 2 tilt backward 90 degrees
Step 3 tilt forward 180 degrees
Step 4 tilt backwards 180 degrees

To do this I would like to recall the a scene from each of the pan and tilt groups and save the output state of the lighting board to the step of the new scene.

Why do I want to do this. Simple. It is far easier to recall set positions that you you may want to use time and time again, rather than keep having to dial them up on the board.

There doesn't seem to be any way of capturing a step on a new scene based to a combination of retrieved scenes, only by dialing something new in in editor mode.

I see you can copy and past steps from one scene into another but that means, in my example, saving combinations of pan and tilt, which is less efficient.

Perhaps another good way could be to edit scenes textually/in code (something like JSON or XML). I presume this is not possible either
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Please see if this does the trick :
- Select multiple scenes using CTRL+ click
- Right-click -> merge scenes

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]