Intelligent Pallette channel selection

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ndrscodes
Operating System: Windows

Intelligent Pallette channel selection

Post by ndrscodes »

Hey all,

i personally think it's quite odd that the channels shown in the palette section is limited to Pan/Tilt, Dimmer and Color, no matter which types of fixtures were selected.
I propose the following behaviour: If multiple types of fixtures are selected at the same time in the general tab, an intersection of all the fixtures' channels is shown in the palette/faders section. This would mean a parameter like Shutter is shown only if all fixtures currently selected offer this parameter. Likewise, if one of the fixtures doesn't offer this parameter, the parameter isn't shown in the palette/faders section.

I think this would increase productivity a lot. For example, a strobe scene across multiple fixtures could easily be made without ever having to cycle through the fixture type tabs at the bottom.

Let me know what you think!
TomHat

Re: Intelligent Pallette channel selection

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

This would be a good idea, but there are sadly so many different types of fixtures/channels, with each their own presets and min/max values, this feature would sure sound great but it'd be unusable for most users of D4.

Although we really apreciate your feedback and hope you still enjoy our softwares.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
ndrscodes
Operating System: Windows

Re: Intelligent Pallette channel selection

Post by ndrscodes »

TomHat wrote:Hello,

This would be a good idea, but there are sadly so many different types of fixtures/channels, with each their own presets and min/max values, this feature would sure sound great but it'd be unusable for most users of D4.

Although we really apreciate your feedback and hope you still enjoy our softwares.

Best regards,

Could you maybe introduce a similar feature in the fader section? In there, presets are not a core feature, the fader is.
In the general tab, all faders for all devices are shown, even if i select all fixtures of a single type. It makes the general tab pretty much useless to me.

You could also think about introducing another new default tab (something like "selection"), which could then offer this feature. It is something that's currently really holding me back from buying a Daslight Interface.