Questions concerning Show mode functions

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ndrscodes
Operating System: Windows

Questions concerning Show mode functions

Post by ndrscodes »

Hey there,

I've got two questions concerning the Show Tab.
1. Is there a way to link a fader created in show mode to a MIDI input? This would be awesome as i could use a single fader to control a certain parameter for multiple different fixtures at the same time
2. Is there a way to turn on/turn off a fader in show mode, e.g. the fader only affects the associated fixtures if it is active. If it is inactive, it goes back to the settings made in live mode or to the current scene level.

A great example is the way this works in Pro DMX (Chromateq)/DMX Joker Pro (Stairville). You can create an effect (for example a fader controlling the shutter for all currently selected fixtures) which only overrides the DMX levels of the selected fixtures as long as it's activated.

It's a function i've gotten quite used to and it'd be a shame if there's no way of doing that in Daslight 4 as i'd have to move the fader by mouse every single time, which is quite bad in a live situation.

Thanks in advance!
TomHat

Re: Questions concerning Show mode functions

Post by TomHat »

Hello,
ndrscodes wrote:1. Is there a way to link a fader created in show mode to a MIDI input? This would be awesome as i could use a single fader to control a certain parameter for multiple different fixtures at the same time

No, that is not possible. BUT ! You should be able to set the same MIDI control to all your fixture faders. Maybe that'll do ?

ndrscodes wrote:2. Is there a way to turn on/turn off a fader in show mode, e.g. the fader only affects the associated fixtures if it is active. If it is inactive, it goes back to the settings made in live mode or to the current scene level.

Sadly not. Show faders cannot reste the modes to their original value.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
ndrscodes

Post by ndrscodes »

TomHat wrote:Hello,
ndrscodes wrote:1. Is there a way to link a fader created in show mode to a MIDI input? This would be awesome as i could use a single fader to control a certain parameter for multiple different fixtures at the same time

No, that is not possible. BUT ! You should be able to set the same MIDI control to all your fixture faders. Maybe that'll do ?

ndrscodes wrote:2. Is there a way to turn on/turn off a fader in show mode, e.g. the fader only affects the associated fixtures if it is active. If it is inactive, it goes back to the settings made in live mode or to the current scene level.

Sadly not. Show faders cannot reste the modes to their original value.

Regards,

But in that case, i'd override all my scenes, right? The fader would switch to LTP and i'd have to restart my currently running scenes in order for them to take precedence over my live input, right?
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

That's correct, I'm afraid.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
tonyadams

Post by tonyadams »

The MIDI ports must first be set up in Live's Options > Link/MIDI. To receive visual feedback on the controller, turn on the Remote switch. Depending on your MIDI device, the precise configuration may change.