Meaning of Fade-Time and Wait-Time

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

s.broeer
Operating System: Mac OS X

Meaning of Fade-Time and Wait-Time

Post by s.broeer »

Hi there,

I have a question to the meaning of "Fading-Time" and "Waiting-Time" at the scene editor.

For me "Fading-Time" is the time given to the step to execute. So e.g. dimmer from 0% to 100%
And "Waiting-Time" is the time the step will wait, after doing this, until it goes to the next step.
Hope that my understanding is correct?

And now comes my problem.
At the first step I have a "fading-Time" of 1 second and dimmer set to 0.
At the second step I have a "Fading-Time" of 10 seconds and set the dimmer to 100%.
Now I would expect the dimmer to change the value from 0 to 100 within this time. But this is unfortunately not the case. The dimmer has reached the value of 100 after 2 or 3 seconds and then nothing happens for 8 seconds. This behavior is the same to all fixtures I have. Also it appears at the Mac OS X Version and the Windows Version. I tried this with the last official version from November 2021 and the latest beta version from March 2022.

So what must I do to get the expected result?
Must I combine "Fading-Time" and "Waiting-Time" or is this a known issue?
Let there be light ...
Stephan
TomHat

Re: Meaning of Fade-Time and Wait-Time

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

This is surprising. I just tested this feature again, and the fade does take 10 full seconds if I set the step to fade for this long.

Of course your understanding of the fade-wait situation is completely right, which raises the question : are your SSL profile files correctly built ? Maybe the issue comes from there.

If you create a new show with just one of your fixture profiles + a generic MOVING HEAD, and try setting a 10sc fade on a dimmer, do you still get the wrong result ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
s.broeer
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Meaning of Fade-Time and Wait-Time

Post by s.broeer »

Hi,

thanks for your reply.
I'll try the things you mentioned and then come back with the results.

Greetings
Stephan
Let there be light ...
Stephan