Time Signature issues

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

EmmaB
Operating System: Mac OS X

Time Signature issues

Post by EmmaB »

Hello all,
I have some problems with the synchronization of my show.
I get a MIDI clock from Traktor Pro and I created a Scene with 128 steps (most of them are empty). Then I have the triggering set to Step of BPM.
If I change the time signature to 1/16, I should get a scene that lasts 8 beats, right?
Unfortunately, that is not the case.

I tried around a bit and found that the time signature works fine at 2/1, 1/1, and 1/2, but at any setting below that, the steps are not triggered fast enough and the scene does not loop consistently according to the BPM. Is this because my computer is not powerful enough to compute that fast, or could there be a problem in the settings?

Also, I'm wondering about the behavior of the speed fader in the live view for this scene; changing it only affects the progress bar in the overview and not the actual result in the 3D viewer. Shouldn't this fader be inactive when the steps are triggered by BPM?

I am curious about your assessments,
Yours sincerely,
Emma
TomHat

Re: Time Signature issues

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this time signature issue. We will look into it shortly.
The speed fader affects the scene, which incidently should affect the results shown in the 3D View. Maybe you're right and this fader should be disabled when the scene is played with time signature.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500