Unstable

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

GHlightguy
Operating System: Windows

Unstable

Post by GHlightguy »

Is it just me or did Daslight 4 become incredibly unstable under Monterey? I'm getting endless crashes for no apparent reason. And once it crashes you have no choice but to do a reboot to get it to load again. I've even rebooted into safe mode and I still get crashes.

The other issue I'm having is if you load an audio file as part of a scene, it takes several seconds to start playing once you start the scene. Even stranger, if I run Daslight in Parallels, I don't get crashes, nor do I have the audio problem.

Here's hoping Daslight 5 brings back stability. Right now it's practically unusable on a Mac.

Equipment: 24" iMac M1 with 16GB of RAM
TomHat

Re: Unstable

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

We're sad to read about the issues you're experiencing. Thank you very much for reporting it, we're looking into it.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
GHlightguy
Operating System: Windows

Post by GHlightguy »

I have been keeping very detailed logs and doing my best to track down when and why it wants to crash. Rather than just complaining, I'm really trying to work out how to reproduce these issues. I'm digging through crash reports and seeing if there is a common thread.

My gut is telling me it's linked to a Rosetta 2 translation when using the Apple M1 silicon. My first indication of this is that there seems to be a delay in calling some of the core libraries. Thus when trying to play audio, it can take several seconds for the sound to start playing. The larger the audio file, the longer the wait time. It's almost like it's trying to buffer the entire file first. This is regardless of what audio file format is being used.

I have a feeling a component is acting up that may have been optimized for the Intel chipset and has become unstable because there isn't a universal binary.
GLX
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by GLX »

II have a similar problem.

Because the official version always crashed on my Mac, I installed the current beta version from March 01, 2022.

I have now been able to patch two EUROLITE KLS 400. It works. I can add as many as I want.
If I want to add a EUROLITE QDF bar, DasLight4 crashes when I click on it.

I wanted to go back from CueLux to DasLight because the connection from VirtualDJ to CueLux via Midi doesn't work there.
And now DasLight is an even bigger disaster!

That's really no fun!

My MacBook Pro 16 Model 2020 with MacOS Monterey 12.2.1 (21D62)
GLX

Post by GLX »

This post in the forum from 2019 brought the solution for me.

viewtopic.php?t=6104

It was actually the Magnet App.

I closed the App and the official Daslight version from November 5th, 2021 is now running. I can finally patch now. :D
s.broeer

Post by s.broeer »

Hello,

and also take a look at Bartender and LittleSnitch, as mentioned here.
Let there be light ...
Stephan