PROBLEM SYMMETRICAL PAN/TILT WAVE

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

guino11
Operating System: Windows

PROBLEM SYMMETRICAL PAN/TILT WAVE

Post by guino11 »

Hey guys, I've been using D4 for a bit starting on school and now on my own, I just started to create shows with the 3D Live View to see how they would end up in real life, what I mostly use as a start are moving heads for their versatility and because I like them a lot, and my question relies here:

In the project I have 10 moving heads in an array like this: 12345678910, they're next to each other.
And what I'd like them to do is to like a pan/tilt spin wave.

I've found how to do it through the effects panel but I want to do it by splitting the 10 moving heads into two groups of 5, having left and right doing the same effect but mirrored and symmetrical. And here's the problem, I've managed to do it (by clicking the arrows next to the pause button on the pan/tilt panel bar) but when I preview the same effect on both groups the right side goes a little bit delayed regards the left one and I don't know how to make it equal and precise it until it's the same.

I've been breaking my head searching through so many tutorials and topics but nothing has helped me and maybe you guys know an easier way. Here's a video https://we.tl/t-Pzixwh1VIg to see the animation.

Thanks in advance.
TomHat

Re: PROBLEM SYMMETRICAL PAN/TILT WAVE

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

If you're using the effect generator for it, have you tried to create 2 different scenes (one for each group) and play them at the same time ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
guino11

Post by guino11 »

TomHat wrote:Hello,

If you're using the effect generator for it, have you tried to create 2 different scenes (one for each group) and play them at the same time ?

Regards,

Yes! I did group 1 (the 5 moving heads on the left side) and group 2 (the 5 on the right) and when I trigger them at the same time there's this delay, and I don't know how to solve it.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

How do you trigger them ?
Do you click on them one-by-one ? Do you use a scene that will "jump" to them ? Or maybe a common MIDI/DMX/Port trigger ?
Are the the exact same duration ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
guino11

Post by guino11 »

TomHat wrote:How do you trigger them ?
Do you click on them one-by-one ? Do you use a scene that will "jump" to them ? Or maybe a common MIDI/DMX/Port trigger ?
Are the the exact same duration ?

Regards,

No, I use a separate group that has a scene that acts as a trigger jumping on both scenes (left and right moving heads) at the same time, the duration is the default one, 5" both.
I attach images here: https://we.tl/t-72dcpWb42L
As you can see while the left group is up the right one is down.

And I don't think it goes delayed as the initial position of all the moving heads is none, they're facing down, you know, because I tried to set the initial position of all of them as the first step of the effect without light and it does it still.