Scene Changes on Triggering Step on BPM

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Steffster
Operating System: Windows

Scene Changes on Triggering Step on BPM

Post by Steffster »

Hi all,

I have an issue with step triggering misbehaving when switching scenes while steps are triggering via BPM.

Example:
There are a group of scenes, containing chase sequences. Each scene is supposed to repeat e.g. four times, then the next scene shall be jumped to.
The steps are supposed to trigger via BPM (for now established via the tap function).

My expectations are:
- After the last step in the last loop of the current scene it should jump to the first step of the next scene
- Each step should have the same duration, e.g. given by the BPM.

What I find instead:
1) After the last step of the last loop of the current scene it briefly jumps back to the first step of the current scene, for a brief but notable moment
2) Then it immediately jumps to the second step of the next scene, e.g. the first step is skipped entirely

Item 2) does not happen on the first time a scene is run after starting Daslight, e.g. step 1 of loop 1 of each scene is correctly processed exactly one time.
When I manually change a scene, item 2) happens all the time, e.g. it always starts on step 2 of the new scene.

To illustrate the point I recorded a clip. This is three scenes with four steps each, each scene loops four times.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tbank6f99m8c ... 9.mp4?dl=0

Here is a link to the Show File:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yj9lxjw5cp7qd ... t.dvc?dl=0

When all scenes are set to "trigger by time", they work as they should, no scene is skipped or repeated.

I have this issue on two different Windows PCs with all Daslight 4 versions I used so far (including the most recent May 21 release).
It happens with or without my DVC Fun connected.

Does anybody have any advice on how to fix this?

I also downloaded DVC3 to test the same function (in demo mode), and here it all seems to work as expected.
However my understanding is that with the firmware upgrade contained in the May 21 version my interface will not work with older software versions anymore. Is that correct?

Thanks!
Steff
TomHat

Re: Scene Changes on Triggering Step on BPM

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this, we'll look into it.
And to answer your question,you should still be able to use DVC3. The "incompatibility" is with older builds of our softwares. All softwares should still work fine, just make sure you're using a version built on May 21st or later.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

EDIT
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
frankr
Operating System: Windows

Post by frankr »

I have noticed this issue in the latest release as well as the beta. Has this not been fixed in over a year?

Essentially what is happening is the first step of a scene is getting skipped whenever the scene changes and BPM is being used to advance the steps. I would love to know if there is a work-around.