Edit scene with mp3 audio

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

sva
Operating System: Windows

Edit scene with mp3 audio

Post by sva »

hi everyone!

i'm new to Daslight and already tried it out a little bit and things are doing well... (software only, no controller yet)
i'm editing a scene with an audio file and it is very important to me that the light is synchron to the music, with special light settings.
this is possible due to entering the correct times for fading and/or waiting...
BUT:
when i start for example at step 5 of the scene and hit the play button the mp3 audio is starting from the beginning, while the light is continuing at position 5 of the scene.
that means, it's not possible to continue the program in the middle with the correct audio time after editing.
so, i always have to start the scene from the complete beginning which takes a lot of time to check the situation at, for example, 1:30.
is there any solution or what am i doing wrong?
many thanks in advance for your help :)
TomHat

Re: Edit scene with mp3 audio

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Sadly this is a situation that wasn't planned in Daslight4. Audio management is very basic in our software, mostly there to trigger "sound effects" more than whole songs. Although this is a really good point to be taken into consideration for next generations of our software...

In order to avoid this kind of issues, maybe you can try deviding your sound file into several bits, and create a scene for each bit that'll trigger the next when it's done ? Just an idea.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
sva
Operating System: Windows

Re: Edit scene with mp3 audio

Post by sva »

thx for your reply... i'll check your solution by splitting the mp3 into parts...