Midi with Faders

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DJFiezta
Operating System: Windows

Midi with Faders

Post by DJFiezta »

I'm using a Akai APC Mini. I am trying to assign channels of my fixtures to my faders, such as pan and tilt and others. Let's say I have 8 moving head spots and I have them all selected and assign the pan fader to my first fader on my APC. What I want is to have the ability to control the pan(or whatever it is)on all fixtures when they are all selected. At the same time, when only one of the fixtures is selected, I want only that one to be controlled. This is not possible because even though only one is selected, they all move. For example, when you are focusing a group of moving lights, you can't change the parameters of each light separately as the MIDI fader continues to select all fixtures.
Is it possible to set up the MIDI control so that it controls the parameter of the light or lights that are selected, rather than all of them?

I want to be able to select the first light, move the fader where I need to, then deselect that light, select the second light and use the same faders to edit it as well - like the encoder wheels on a GrandMA, when you are using the "next" button. Is this possible?
TomHat

Re: Midi with Faders

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

You should have an option in the preferences window allowing you to chose "input only affects selected fixtures".

This might do the trick for you.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500