[FEATURE REQUEST] Virual Dimmer

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

djdrtj
Operating System: Windows

[FEATURE REQUEST] Virual Dimmer

Post by djdrtj »

Hi there,
I've been using Daslight for quite a while and it basically is a great software. In my eyes one of the most helpful features would indee be real virtual dimmers. I know there is a way to use the Dimmer in the general tab, ans also the main level is working, but dependent on the style of programing this does not completely substitute dimmer channels per Fixture.

For instance my setup:
- Various Color Programs (some for red / green / blue / mixed) - which affect all RGB fixtures!
- Dimmer Programs (Floorspots A, Floorspots B / Movinheads / Bars) - Also Patched to hardware faders

So I usually can start a combination of color programs, and leave the actually used fixtures to the dimmer programs, which gives a great palette of combinations.
Now I added some apelabs Maxi - without own dimmer channel. The current setup simply does not work with that, because I would need a program which just dims the apelabs without affecting their colors.

So please think about adding virtual Dimmer channels on fixture patch level since existing daslight features obviously do not work here completely!!!
(btw, virtual strobe channels would also be great, but that's way minor)
TomHat

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Virual Dimmer

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry the features in D4 don't quite work as you'd like them to. Be assured we're taking this into consideration for or next versions of Daslight software.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500