Daslight and screen resolution.

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

AlRamsay

Daslight and screen resolution.

Post by AlRamsay »

Are there any plans to fix Daslight software with respect to using the windows dpi settings. My new laptop has a high resolution screen and Daslight is completely unusable.

I have managed to make it work by artificially dropping the screen resolution but that isn't realy a practical solution because of the impact on other software and the windows GUI.

Kind regards

Alasdair
TomHat

Re: Daslight and screen resolution.

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

There are no plans to change Daslight4 so it matches windows' DPI settings. We have heard all of our customers who said this was a problem, and we have decided to make sure our next softwares will allow interface size ratio changes.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Mike1978
Operating System: Windows

Post by Mike1978 »

There seems to be a quite decent way to bypass this problem in Windows (10) without changing the screenresolution. I found it in a different post in the forum.

When setting the program to compatibility mode and override the high DPI setting is renders in such a way it is very well readable on a high res screen. (Open properties for the .exe file in the File explorer, click compatibility mode, change high dpi settings, override high DPI scaling - scaling performed by -> System)

Hope this helps.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Thanks a lot for sharing this trick with the rest of our users ! :D
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500