Can blackout be make to exclude some channels?

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

markcooper
Operating System: Windows

Can blackout be make to exclude some channels?

Post by markcooper »

Hi

Is it possible that blackout can exclude certain dimmer channels? I would like to be able to use a midi footswitch to scroll through some scenes whilst in black out but for a specific channel still to be on. Or perhaps is there a way a blackout can be applied to a specific group?

Many thanks
TomHat

Re: Can blackout be make to exclude some channels?

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Sadly I don't think this would be possible with Daslight4.
Blackout really affects all dimmer, iris and shutter channels.
Maybe you could try deviding your scenes so that dimmer and color values would be contained in separate scenes. That way you could browse through your scenes , turn off the dimmers you want and keep only some others.

I hope that's clear ! Otherwise let me know.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
markcooper

Post by markcooper »

Hi

I don't think that would work. The fixtures only have dimmer channels for RGB and no other control.

My issue is mainly because I'm controlling LX (and sound!) Whilst playing the drums.

What I'm want to do is have a total black out when a song finishes then bring up the foh white wash for chat between songs while, in the meantime, using the next next and previous scene buttons to select the next scene to play on the other lights ready to start when the song starts. All this needs to be triggered using a midi footswitch.

Is there a way for a scene to override others until it is deselected ie when the scene button is pressed no other scenes in other groups will do anything until the button is pressed again?

Thanks
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Sadly not.
Maybe you can try using both "total blackout" mode and black scenes. But that's the best I can think of for your project. Maybe other users have thought of a better solution ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
rpomygal

Post by rpomygal »

Mark, not sure about the Midi footswitch and how you would work that out. I have multiple groups (12) for the different fixture types. I created an "OFF" scene in each group... the scene simply takes all the fixtures in that group and toggles all the channels to OFF. When I want to do a total BLACKOUT, I have another scene that toggles (uses the 'Jump to' feature) all of the individual "OFF" scenes I want to black out... while leaving fixtures in other groups like uplights, hazers, etc., unaffected. I suppose you could easily do the same, but add one of the 'jump to' scenes to turn on your white wash fixture.

Make sure the "Off" scenes and the master "Blackout" 'Jump To' scene is set to loop only once, and release at end.

If done correctly, one button will blackout all your stage lighting and turn on the white wash light. Switching scenes is where it gets tricky for you. I use TouchOSC and an iPad Pro for all the buttons, but I do not use any buttons for switching between scenes... I have an individual button for every scene so, I'm not sure about moving between scenes especially with a footswitch, and with the blackout options shown above which will of course turn off any scene and no longer leave you in the place you were! You may still need Daslight near your drum kit where you can mouse click or touchscreen between songs to the next scene you want to start from... (only your white wash on for example) ... then your midi switch moves to the next scene (your regular stage lights), and the final scene is the blackout 'jump to' scene... rinse and repeat.

Hope this helps for at least some of your questions.
T_G

Post by T_G »

Hi rpomygal!
Sorry for reviving this old topic … But as I am desperately looking for a way to control DasLight 4 with TouchOSC I stumbled upon this thread.
How do you manage it that TouchOSC is working with DasLight?
I have two DMX devices which two channels each which I’d like to toggle on/off and whose speed and intensity I’d like to change with a fader. Is that somehow doable with TouchOSC?

Any help would be really appreciated!