DVC4 Gold problem

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

WayScar

DVC4 Gold problem

Post by WayScar »

Hi Fellow Daslight Users.

I'm having difficulty with getting my DVC4 Gold to remain connected to my laptop.
To cut a long story short, my reliable (I Wish) HP Pavillion DV7 with a core i7 processor which is now 9 years old had to have a bit of TLC with the KnowHow guys at Currys. I had to have a new hard drive among other things. Despite me thinking I had backed up all my DVC files, I hadn't and my last backup i have found is 3 years old. I've lost a shed load of programming for my 80's band's lighting rig. I know it's my bad and I can rebuild......eventually BUT, since getting my trusty HP back (which meant I had Windows 7 again) I've had to reinstall all my shit. I firstly upgraded back to Windows 10 and the promply started reinstalling my required software. One of which is a VPN software too but that was on my machine before the hard drive failure.
Since reinstalling Daslight 4, my controller doesn't work correctly. Sometimes on Device manager. Port one defaults as an input and can't be changed (How I make port 2 set to universe 2 is another chapter).
If i load a pre DVC4 file from 3 years ago, Daslight happily converts it, however the green LED on the dongle goes out and again, when i check the device mangaer, output one is an input.
I tried creating a new "show" by patching 6 fixtures after a full restart and bliss, yes, they worked..... for a while. the green LED went very dim and control of the fixtures ceased.
I went back into Device manger and now it says a Firewall setting is preventing communication with my device. Never seen that before. What's going on? Do I need to sell my house and buy a Grand MA2? Bit of over kill IMO as I only use 8 movers and 16 pars!
WS
TomHat

Re: DVC4 Gold problem

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

WayScar wrote:Port one defaults as an input and can't be changed
How do you see this ? Could you send me a screenshot of the window ? Port 1 should always be an output (by default). There is no way to change this from the software.

WayScar wrote:the green LED went very dim and control of the fixtures ceased.
This sounds like a hardware issue. We might need to open a support ticket on our website to start a RMA procedure.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500