Daslight Crash

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Jonchapman
Operating System: Windows

Daslight Crash

Post by Jonchapman »

Hi I had a couple of crashes over the weekend whilst running a show.

This had the hilarious effect of leaving all fixtures in strobe mode (which was the selected option at the time of the crash ) After re-boot of software it recovered!

This may be a good update for the software that at the earliest opportunity when starting Daslight, all DMX channels are set to zero! This would have helped me!

I have the crash logs. Where do i submit them?

This is running the latest version. I may need to revert to the previous release!

Thanks

Jon
bartjeee

Re: Daslight Crash

Post by bartjeee »

Same problem here, when i do a show with an akai apc 40 everything went well but at random times the software shutsdown. Very random? In an early forum they say its because too much data being transfert to the software. Daslight can you optimize it please? I want to run my show without crashes.
P-Low

Post by P-Low »

Jonchapman wrote:I have the crash logs. Where do i submit them?

Hi Jon, you can submit them to [email protected]

bartjeee wrote:when i do a show with an akai apc 40 everything went well but at random times the software shutsdown.

We are aware that some MIDI controllers transmit too much data to process, and this problem is known when adjusting fast.

Daslight 4 is not optimised to handle a lot of data. If moving the faders quickly Daslight 4 may become delayed or even crash whilst processing commands.

To help optimise response time and prevent crashes, you need to reduce the data transmitted between Daslight 4 and the MIDI controller. To do this, you need to disable the feedback option for all faders, when you set the MIDI mapping.

If the problem persists, a computer with a high specification would be required.
Daslight Technical Support
Jonchapman

Post by Jonchapman »

Hi Thanks for the replies

i will post the logs and sshowfile later.

I was using APC mini will need to check if feedback is set on those buttons used for flash!
bartjeee

Post by bartjeee »

My laptop has an i7 in it so thats not the problem, but i will try to disable the feedback on the faders