The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Projectedmusic
Operating System: Mac OS X

Newbie-Question Using MIDI - DAW

Post by Projectedmusic »

Hi!
Totally new in this so bear with me...
Starting small so trying to control my set of 2 RGB lights (Cameo Studio MINI par RGB) via Daslight. I want to integrate light control through a MIDI track from my DAW (Cubase). I am sending MIDI to Daslight and can trigger a scene. How should I proceed from here? What is the best way?

Should I trigger the scene on each beat of the song (then I have to put a note on my midi-track in my DAW each time I want the light to turn on). Or should I trigger each scene with a note that I hold and keep the scene looping until I release the note?

I have the feeling that the beat of the light is not in sync with my DAW.

Help is very much appreciated. Looking forward to use this software (and hardware if I can get this running first).
P-Low

Re: Newbie-Question Using MIDI - DAW

Post by P-Low »

Hello

It is entirely down to preference of the user how they their scenes with the MIDI function. Most commonly though is to trigger a scene on with a key press on a MIDI controller and loop it until you press the key to release it again. Then generally users will have 'flash' scenes which override the standard scene playing and will be triggered by a button press and play for the duration that that key is held, but released when the key is released.

Hope that makes sense.

There is a video here which gives an into to synchronising with audio and BPM if you have not seen it already: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoiOQn2L3A0

Kind

Regards
Daslight Technical Support