Sequence of Pixel Effects / Curve Effects

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

smile
Operating System: Windows

Sequence of Pixel Effects / Curve Effects

Post by smile »

Hi,

I am confused about how Daslight 4 calculates the sequence of RGB Lights in pixel effects / Curve Effects.

I have 3 Pixel Stripes, everyone is in one single nniverse because of the amount of channels.
These 3 stripes are patched as in the following explanation:
cinewall-patch.png
cinewall-patch.png (22.57 KiB) Viewed 3125 times

Now I will add for example a knight rider effect, which should rotate around the whole block. but when i mark all rgb lights in daslight and add the effect, the behavior of the software is incomprehensible for me.
I dont know how I have to patch the RGB Lights, to have the effect working correct.
The same problem is on any other effects like curve effects or other pixel effects. The sequence how the lights driven is not clear for me.

I tried to make a video for better understanding.

https://youtu.be/SDyGWq4M9Cs

Thank you very much for help.
P-Low

Re: Sequence of Pixel Effects / Curve Effects

Post by P-Low »

Hello

Apologies we can only offer support in English, so forgive me if i have missed something in the video due to not being able to translate the language :)

From what i could see and the diagram provided, i believe you wish to have the effect follow around the perimeter in a connected fashion and back again. Currently it is not doing so.

I believe the issue is due to how you are selecting your lights. You need to ensure that they are selected in number position order for the effect to follow accordingly.

Screenshot 2019-08-16 at 11.35.10 copy.jpg
Screenshot 2019-08-16 at 11.35.10 copy.jpg (108.16 KiB) Viewed 2955 times

Kind Regards
Daslight Technical Support