DVC4 Gold Controllers deactivate after time

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

smile
Operating System: Windows

DVC4 Gold Controllers deactivate after time

Post by smile »

Hi dear Daslight Community,

I beought Daslight 4 with 2 Controllers, and it works fine. But there is one fatal problem: After some time not using the software (from 1 hour to 12 hours) there is no way to control any more lights. The Daslight 4 Software is still running and you can click and control everything in the software - but no effect on any light will happen.
When I take a look into the settings-->hardware, then the two DVC4 Gold Controllers are NOT "active".

two devices are not active.png
two devices are not active.png (253.63 KiB) Viewed 6670 times

When I am clicking on the "active" button, the programm is loading 2 seconds, but nothing happens - I cant reactivate the controllers.
After a restart of the software there is a suspicious behaviour: Now the software thinks, that 3 devices are connected, as you can see on the image:

3 devices detected, but only one is active.png
3 devices detected, but only one is active.png (245.62 KiB) Viewed 6670 times

The device 290099 is connected directly, but not the other one, and I also cant activate the device 291097 manually. Now I disconnect the device 291097 from USB and reconnect it:

the device has been reconnected via usb.png
the device has been reconnected via usb.png (161.01 KiB) Viewed 6670 times

Now the device is active, I have to assign the DMX Universes agian and then everything is working again.

Is there any Idea how to solve this?
Thank you for your help :)

This is the Setup:
- Asus miniPC Corei5, 2,5Ghz, 16GB Ram
- Windows 10 64bit, latest version
- Daslight 4 Version Aug 02 2018 (18.802.8699.1345)
- 4 Universes are used with two DVC Gold Controllers, via USB 3 connected
- Windows 10 Energy Options are set to "maximum performance"
Last edited by smile on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smile

Re: DVC4 Gold Controllers deactivate after time

Post by smile »

I already checked the energy settings of windows, especial the USB Energy Settings.
I use Daslight 4 in a falt, for architectural lighting. The Computer and Software is running 24/7, and sometimes for some days there wont be any action in Daslight 4. At the moment I control the software manually, but finally it should be triggered via a generated art-net signal from the same computer, from a smart home system (iobroker).
Attachments
energy options.png
energy options.png (17.12 KiB) Viewed 6669 times
smile

Post by smile »

Right in this moment, a DVC 4 Gold device disconnected again. The other one was still connected.
I took a look on the device: The device which is still connected has shown "PC" in the display, and the green light was blinking fast. The device which disconnected hast shown "01" in the display and the green light blinks slowly but brighter.
Disconnecting from USB and reconnect makes it work again in Daslight 4, and the display switchts from "01" to "PC".
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Very strange bug... Could you please try installing the latest version of Daslight4 and let us know if that fixed your problem ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
SteffenF

Post by SteffenF »

Hi smile,

The device which disconnected hast shown "01" in the display and the green light blinks slowly but brighter.
Disconnecting from USB and reconnect makes it work again in Daslight 4, and the display switchts from "01" to "PC".

Same symptoms here with DVC4 Gold but DVC3 software as reported in https://forum.daslight.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5552
At the moment I'm rebuilding all our stuff in latest Daslight4 software from scratch. But reading your post I fear I'm wasting my time.

I've received two further recommendations on what to try/test:
1. provide more stable voltage/power to the USB port by using a Y-Cable or USB Hub with power supply or power directly directly (last one seems not possible)
2. use a DMX splitter DIRECTLY behind daslight with shortest possible DMX cabling. Important here: use an OPTICAL decoupled splitter, not a galvanic one. I've found one, but this would cause another 110€ to spend per DMX Splitter.

Regards,
Frank
smile

Post by smile »

Hi,

at the moment Daslight Controller seems to work stable.
I use an USB Hub with own Power Supply and I Changed the USB Cable to the Daslight Interface.
I will test ist for some more hours.