Setting Moving Heads to point at one object

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

coverman
Operating System: Mac OS X

Setting Moving Heads to point at one object

Post by coverman »

Is there a way to set 8 moving heads to go to a specific position, like moving to the guitar player when there's a guitar solo.
Just to move one point to bring all 8 to that spot. Or do I need to set each and every one of them to that point?
I'm a newbie and have tried to find a solution in the tutorials, but haven't found it so far.

And if there is a solution to this. How do you usually setup a scene like this?
Do you start with the heads at a "normal" position and then create a new step where they move to the guitar player and then at then end set them to the start position to have the whole scene move the heads to the position smoothly and then back or how do you set the changes between a scene in a nice a smooth way?
TomHat

Re: Setting Moving Heads to point at one object

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Is there a way to set 8 moving heads to go to a specific position

I'm afraid this cannot be done that easily in Daslight4. You will have to set every single moving head to the position you want. This is a feature we are already considering for our next versions of Daslight.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
coverman
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by coverman »

And if I set them to one object it would be great to be able to move these together so they are locked together when moving the pan/tilt. That would be great.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

I'll add this as an "extra detail" to this idea for next version.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Gregory_D
Operating System: Windows

Post by Gregory_D »

coverman wrote:And if I set them to one object it would be great to be able to move these together so they are locked together when moving the pan/tilt. That would be great.

I think you can do it and it helps with the relative position option under palette, in Pan/Tilt tab, but not so precise, and if it's not for edit more but for live, it won't be very precise...
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...
James54

Post by James54 »

coverman wrote:Is there a way to set 8 moving heads to go to a specific position, like moving to the guitar player when there's a guitar solo.
Just to move one point to bring all 8 to that spot. Or do I need to set each and every one of them to that point?
I'm a newbie and have tried to find a solution in the tutorials, but haven't found it so far.

And if there is a solution to this. How do you usually setup a scene like this? Jumping Shell
Do you start with the heads at a "normal" position and then create a new step where they move to the guitar player and then at then end set them to the start position to have the whole scene move the heads to the position smoothly and then back or how do you set the changes between a scene in a nice a smooth way?

Hey coverman! Great question for lighting control. Typically, you can create a 'position' scene where all 8 moving heads are set to the desired position (e.g., pointing at the guitar player). You can then transition smoothly by setting a fade time or delay between the 'normal' position and the 'guitar solo' position in your lighting control software. Experimenting with different transitions and effects can help achieve a dynamic look for your scenes. Happy lighting!