First launched scene lock

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

goodastruff
Operating System: Windows

First launched scene lock

Post by goodastruff »

Hi, is there a way to get that kind of protection. When you launch a scene in a group, if you click on any other scenes (linked by group), these scenes will not be activated. It's like a "first scene activated get priority". Example. You have a group with 4 scenes (Scene 1 to 4). When you activate Scene 1, if you try to push the Scene 2 or Scene 3, they will not work (because Scene 1 is already activated). If you deactivate the Scene 1, then now, you will be able to activate another scene, like Scene 2. But if 2 become the activated scene in the group, then you will not be able to push Scene 1, 3 and 4.
Thanks for you help.
Patrick.
PolDavril

Re: First launched scene lock

Post by PolDavril »

Hi Patrick,

You can set "Scene 1" to "Protected from release", so it will go on running in all cases, even if another scene is started. In that case, any other scene will run along with Scene 1.

However, this does not prevent other scenes to be run.

As far as I know, the kind of protection you're talking about is not possible.

Hope this helps.
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be
goodastruff

Re: First launched scene lock

Post by goodastruff »

Can we submit this idea to the developpers ? I think this can be an interesting feature to add to your software. Actually, with the Easy Remote, you can create and interesting game light setup with 2 teams with a tap button on tablet and the first team pushing the button bring all the light of their color ON. But actually, there is no way to stop the other team to push their button and this close the initial light setup ON. If it's possible to submit, where can I send this suggestion ?
Thanks.