PAR LEDs + Moving Heads together with different speed

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ChrisRave
Operating System: Windows

PAR LEDs + Moving Heads together with different speed

Post by ChrisRave »

Hello everybody,
I have been using Daslight only recently and have diligently studied the manual. Roughly speaking, I get along well. But I have the following problem:
My set contains out of sixteen PAR LEDs and two moving heads.
I want the PAR LEDs to change thair colours/steps exactly to the beat of the music. As far as no problem with the tab function.
For the moving heads I have already created some scenes and effects. Alone that works pretty well.
The moving heads are not exactly on the beat, which does not bother and should be. The heads washing over and around the crowd.

But how do I get it now that I can continue to sync the PARs with the beat of the music without losing the tempo of the moving heads?

I have the DVC 4 Gold with 2 universes. I also tried splitting the moving heads and PARs into two universes, but I have not found a way to control each universe at its own pace/tempo. Is that possible or does anyone have a better solution?

Thank you for your answers.
TomHat

Re: PAR LEDs + Moving Heads together with different speed

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

In order for your show to work the way you want it to, you need to create separate scenes (MovingHead-only and PAR-only). The way you patch your fixtures has nothing to do with tempo triggering.

Once that is done, you can set scenes to be triggered on BPM or other king of input and set a BPM from LIVE view.
You can only set ONE BPM at a time, so maybe you can look into time signature features (right-click on a scene in LIVE view).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500