DS4 Beta 1 June 2017 - Feedbacks, bugs and suggestions

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Gregory_D
Operating System: Windows

DS4 Beta 1 June 2017 - Feedbacks, bugs and suggestions

Post by Gregory_D »

Hi ! I could not post into this forum since it was off during some days for maintenance, but it seems back and running now, great !

Last DS4 version include some improvements and thanks to all the team for that ! Here some more feedbacks, bugs, or suggestions :

- Suggestion : Creating live scene, write name and which group to be added
When creating a live scene (normal or LTP one), it would be good to be able to re-name it at creation time directly (for example with a simple pop-up window asking the name of the scene).
And not sure we actually can : it would be good to be able to choose in which group this new live scene will go. It seems for now the new live scene goes to the last group we worked on in Edit mode, but it's really not convenient.
So when creating a Live Scene, a simple pop-up to write the name of the scene, and it's group (would be added at the end of the selected group) would be awesome and way much easier and faster.

- Suggestion : as large as possible Text size in buttons in Show mode by default
I don't know what others think, but it would be good if the text size in a button in Show mode is automatically set as large as possible (on horizontal point of view) depending of the size of the button. It would be way faster if the text is set depending of the size of the button, and by default the text size would be pretty much a bit smaller than the horizontal dimension of the button. And this with the ability to still change it in control editor text properties pop-up window with Text Size option ourself if needed.

- Bug : Colors presets not showing in Show mode without re-opening the project
I know it already has been reported i think, but just to let you know that in Beta 1rst June 2017 version, adding color presets via Alt+click on different colors from palette tab to be added in Show mode are not displayed in Show mode, until we close and then re-open the project.

Thanks
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...
TomHat

Re: DS4 Beta 1 June 2017 - Feedbacks, bugs and suggestions

Post by TomHat »

Hey Greg,

Thanks for your suggestions. We'll try to keep that in mind for next version of our software.

Bug : Colors presets not showing in Show mode without re-opening the project

Have you tried with the latest Beta version available on our website ? We have recently fixed a problem like this one.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Gregory_D

Post by Gregory_D »

TomHat wrote:Hey Greg,

Thanks for your suggestions. We'll try to keep that in mind for next version of our software.

Bug : Colors presets not showing in Show mode without re-opening the project

Have you tried with the latest Beta version available on our website ? We have recently fixed a problem like this one.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

Thanks, hope it will be implemented.

Yes, as you see in this thread title, i use the latest Beta version available (from 1rst june 2017)
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Oops ! My bad, thought the version planned for this month had been released already. I will send you a link to our latest (not yet released) Beta version so you can test and let me know if your problem is solved.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Esparoba2

Post by Esparoba2 »

Hi Tom,

Would you mind sending me the link also? I am experiencing the same problems with showmode as well.
I also read in another thread that the upcoming release fixes lag issues with showfiles that have a lot of different fixtures patched.
That is also an issue i'm running into. I've got a big gig upcoming the 5th of August. My showfile contains 2 full universes with about 20 different sorts of fixtures. The slowdown is really noticable in this case.