Midi Feedback when loading scenes

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

hall-music
Operating System: Windows

Midi Feedback when loading scenes

Post by hall-music »

Hi all,

I wonder how I can get MIDI feedback send to my MIDI controller when loading a scene or a step of a scene. I use a Behringer BCF2000 for editing scenes. This is the reason why I bought a motor fader MIDI controller. But right now I just get it working that moving the faders send feedback to the controller. But the idea is to have the motor faders representing at least in edit mode of scenes the status of values. What do I miss here?

Regards, Torsten
Cameo DVC 4 Version May 03 2017 / Windows 10
TomHat

Re: Midi Feedback when loading scenes

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Sorry, Daslight 4 doesn't send this kind of feedback from channel faders while scenes are running. We concidered adding this feature, but it would make too much fuzz, sending endless feedback midi messages, and having sliders moving all the time.
So we decided to mostly give midi controls a triggering/editing purpose.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
mylaserpage

Post by mylaserpage »

Hi Tom,

an universal Feedback is not so easy to implement.

Just can tell you something about my Laser-Live Software which is optical based and in use with the Akai
APC 40. To Controll the Colors of the Buttons first a Command must be send to set the APC 40 to Ableton Mode.

When a user is clicking on a Button in the Software then a Midi-Message is send to the APC 40 to set the Button-Color.
If you decide to implement it in Dashlight i would prefer this Way:

In the Midi-Triggering Window add Type "MidiMessage" and an Edit below "Off" to enter an own Midi-Message.
Much Manual Work for the User but not for you :-) Just Need to hope that the Community will collect
Command - Tables for different Devices.

Other Way: If a User is pressing a Key on the Midi-Device ( again APC 40 as example ) and the Midi_In Event in Daslight is
triggered then just send the same Message.

Daslight is programmed in Delphi i think ... if yes i can send you some Code.

Greetings
Guido
hall-music

Post by hall-music »

TomHat wrote:Sorry, Daslight 4 doesn't send this kind of feedback from channel faders while scenes are running. We concidered adding this feature, but it would make too much fuzz, sending endless feedback midi messages, and having sliders moving all the time.

As I said, it would be a huge benefit for editing scenes, as you won't have "value jumps" when your motorized fader is representing the values of the selected scene step. So having this in edit mode would be something I highly recommend (when not in scene play mode).

TomHat wrote:So we decided to mostly give midi controls a triggering/editing purpose.

Editing mode is missing for me, as having just the input of midi data is not representing "real" editing to me. And I did not start to talk about using NRPN to have values via midi beyond 0-127. But to be honest, I did not test if that works with Daslight4. Only my older MyDMX 2.0 OEM Version from ADJ didn't support that when I tested that.

Regards, Torsten
hall-music

Post by hall-music »

mylaserpage wrote:When a user is clicking on a Button in the Software then a Midi-Message is send to the APC 40 to set the Button-Color.
If you decide to implement it in Dashlight i would prefer this Way:

This is already there. When you are in show mode, the scene buttons can be triggered by midi. To setup right click the scene button. Go "Shortcuts" -> "Edit MIDI Mapping". In the MIDI Out section you could define the "on" and "off" value. I'm using this with the Akai APC Mini, as I'm using this to control the live show. The color values for this controller are as follows:

1 -> Green
2 -> Green blinking
3 -> Red
4 -> Red blinking
5 -> Orange
6 -> Orange blinking

Regards, Torsten