feedback, suggestion> UHD resolution

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

McTom
Operating System: Windows

feedback, suggestion> UHD resolution

Post by McTom »

Hello,
I am using a 24" UHD monitor. It is not possible to use Daslight on that with a UHD resolution, as the characters and buttons are very small. Maybe those high screen resolutions could be better managed in the future.
I could change the resolution during the time I use Daslight, nut I found a workaround, which is working:
http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app- ... plays-fix/

Which zou need to do additional: copied some *.dll files from "common" to the daslight folder. Hm... mazbe an additional entry in Paths would also work...

Kindest regards, Thomas
Esparoba2

Re: feedback, suggestion> UHD resolution

Post by Esparoba2 »

Hi Thomas,

I'm having the same issue as you, i try to run Daslight on a Surface Pro 3 and i've been looking for a solution like this. Oddly enough, the guide you posted doesn't seem to work for me... Daslight still uses the same DPI levels on my machine. Other then copying the DLL files from the common folder, did you change something to the manifest file aswell?
McTom

Post by McTom »

Hello Esparoba,
no, I did not changed anything on the content of the manifest file. Only the name needed to be changed to "Daslight4.exe.manifest" and I put this file into the folder "Daslight4".
This is the content of "Daslight4.exe.manifest":

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">

<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity
type="win32"
name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="*"
publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
language="*">
</assemblyIdentity>
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity
type="win32"
name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT"
version="9.0.21022.8"
processorArchitecture="amd64"
publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b">
</assemblyIdentity>
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>

<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
<security>
<requestedPrivileges>
<requestedExecutionLevel
level="asInvoker"
uiAccess="false"/>
</requestedPrivileges>
</security>
</trustInfo>

<asmv3:application>
<asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
<ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware xmlns:ms_windowsSettings="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">false</ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware>
</asmv3:windowsSettings>
</asmv3:application>

</assembly>

Please check if the filename is correct and not extended with *.txt, like it was the way on my side first ("Daslight4.exe.manifest.txt"). Maybe you need to enable in folder view to show file type extensions always.

Did you entered the entry at the registry correctly?
When the entry at the registry and the name of the file is correct, the column "Type" in explorer view should show you "MANIFEST File"

Regards, Thomas
Esparoba2

Post by Esparoba2 »

Hi Thomas,

I did every step exactly as described in the guide. After a few tries and different guides i did the same with the beta version. On the beta version the fix works as expected. For some reason my stable release (Dec 22 '16) doens't seem to be affected by this workaround.
danielw

Post by danielw »

Hey There,
a screen resolution option in the "User preferences" would be Amazing! I think many people are using Daslight 4 on a Surface or something with higher resolutions then 1080p.
The Buttons are so tiny you can only touch them with the surface pen...

Looking forward to this feature!

Best Regards
Daniel
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello everyone,

Indeed, this feature would be really useful. We already have this in mind for next versions of Daslight. Might not be for Daslight 4 though, I'm afraid.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
ciacnorris

Post by ciacnorris »

I hope a new minor version with this problem solved comes out soon, this is a major issue to me.
In the meanwhile, I'm following this topic :-)
danielw

Post by danielw »

Hey,
Is it possible to implement a feature, that you can split the "Show Mode" from the Main-Window on another screen and bring it on this second screen in "Fullscreen Mode"?

When I try to do it in the newst daslight version,
it switches back to the Main-Window and goes on this screen to "Fullscreen Mode".

This would be a great solution for the resolution problem. So is the touchscreen of the Surface still usable, and you don't need to change any resolution (except the one of the Showmode, but this is easily done)

Sorry for my bad language skills! :(
Best Regards
Daniel
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey Daniel,

This "fulscreen" feature has been thought for the user to be able to lock the software in this mode so nobody could edit the show in a live situation, and use only EasyRemote controls. This is why as soon as you tap the "Full screen" button, the software goes into the one-screen-only mode.

Now what you can do is to enlarge the SHOW window on the second screen (by dragging the bottom right corner) so it fills up the whole screen.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
hutje

Post by hutje »

Too bad this still is a problem... I have a UHD laptop and can't change my resolution each time I use Daslight... A resolution option in the preferences menu would be very usefull...