Missing Visual Feedback for Show Buttons

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

MichaRD
Operating System: Mac OS X

Missing Visual Feedback for Show Buttons

Post by MichaRD »

Hi there,

I strongly miss a visual feedback when clicking on a show mode button. I use up to 10 "play scene" commands (not play/stop) for each button. When I click to a button sometimes I get a very short flash of a white rectangle, sometimes nothing happens on the screen.

It would be very helpful if you could add an option to the control editor that a visual feedback is added when clicking the button. Perfect would be a flash in the moment you click the button or better: a permanent change of the button color (or something similar) until the next button is clicked. So the user would have an information, which was the last button he activated.

I am using the show mode like in a theater, where the operator clicks to button 1 to XX as written down in the text script. Thats the reason for my request.

Thank you very much!
Micha
starburner
Operating System: Windows

Re: Missing Visual Feedback for Show Buttons

Post by starburner »

Hi,

that is also what i would like to have been changed.
I also have also some only "Start Scene" buttons in Show Mode. And i also think it is very bad, that you can´t see in show mode, which scene is playing at the moment.

Kind regards

Sven
starburner

Post by starburner »

Hi,

if i look at the change log for august beat update, i don´t see fixing this problem. Is this right? Is there any solution for this bug right now?

Thanks an greetz Sven
starburner

Post by starburner »

Hi, is there any update about this yet?

Greetz Sven
PolDavril

Post by PolDavril »

Hi,

Just curious. Why are you using "Play" mode for buttons in Show ?
If scenes are set to "Play stop" (the default settings), there is a border around and it's possible to define different "visual" pictures for "Play" and "Stop" states.
Attributes can be set for each scene to set the release mode (e.g. the new scene stops all current ones), as well as the "Protected from release" option to exclude a specific scene from being stopped.
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be
starburner

Post by starburner »

OK, i tried it with play stop for all buttons in show mode. Now i get a visual effect for seperate devices. But I also have cues that let me start scenes of various effects simultaneously via a button. Here I have no visual feedback, which is currently activated.
Have you also a solution for that?

Greetz Sven