Fade - Properties of Scene - not really a mix ?

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Gregory_D
Operating System: Windows

Fade - Properties of Scene - not really a mix ?

Post by Gregory_D »

Not sure if i do it correctly or if the function is just not avail yet :

The fade option (IN and/or OUT of a scene) is not a LTP or HTP ?
Fade option from scene, should be a real Mix and not a High Priority action...

I'm not talking about step fade, but scene fade, which can be OFF or ON, and time-setted at IN and/or OUT...

Here an example :

- I want to : make a flash effect 100% dimmer on my fixtures, and then automatically stop the scene when the flash is gone by a scene fade OUT and ends, mixing, with my previous scenes still running.

- How to : I make a new scene, with one step only, on all my fixtures i want with dimmer at 100%, step "hold time" @0,28s eg., step "fade time" @0s.
Then i add a fade option to this scene, OUT only, at the end of the scene of 1s.
I check "release at end" and un-check "always loop" to be sure my scene is released when action is finished.

- Now i want to view my effect just created : some multiple different scenes are running on all my fixtures (including fixtures i'll add my flash effect).
I want to render my flash effect now, so i click on my flash scene created before, and it display correctly a flash on my fixtures, dimmer @100% and then automatically disappear by fade out during 1s and then stop my flash effect scene.
All my other scenes who were running, are still running correctly after the render of my flash scene...

The problem is that the Fade option is a priority on dimmers affected from my flash scene, so after the flash (dimmer @100%) of duration of 0,28s, dimmers are going down to 0% in fade (and so black) and then, when FadeOUT is finished, are going again as before my flash effect with all scenes running correctly.
I wanted to Mix my current scenes running, with my flash effect, and without passing by a total black with dimmers @0%.

For example, if in my current scenes, dimmers are @50%, my flash effect should make them up @100% and then fade going down from 100% to 50% again and not passing by 0%.

-- for the moment they are doing
50% => 100% fade to 0% => 50%
-- they should do
50% => 100% fade to initial value (50%) => 50%

Those 50% and 100% value are only examples, they should be relatives to all dimmers real values of each fixtures...

So i wonder if i make something wrong, or if the scene Fade option is just not capable (actually in version Daslight 22 dec2016) to really mix my scenes between them, and not "overload" them.
And apparently, i can't do it with a step fade, since my flash effect scene will fade only at the beginning, IN, and this is not what's expected.

Tell me if other things or examples are needed if i'm not clear enough to have an answer
Thanks.
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...
Gregory_D

Re: Fade - Properties of Scene - not really a mix ?

Post by Gregory_D »

Any lights on this please ? (without word play :wink: )

I'm in the process of creating an important show and i have to know. THX
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...
schmidt

Post by schmidt »

i have a similar problem on scene fades.
the dimmer does jump IF the master dimmer AND/OR some of the scene dimmers are below 100%.
the problem occurs with linear and simple dimmers.
both scenes im fading between have in and out fade times = 1sec and only dimmer channels active.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey Greg, Schmidt,

There is indeed a small problem on this feature. We have already fixed it, it should work just fine on next beta version.
Thanks for reporting, and sorry you had to experience the problem.

Have a good day !

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Gregory_D

Post by Gregory_D »

TomHat wrote:Hey Greg, Schmidt,

There is indeed a small problem on this feature. We have already fixed it, it should work just fine on next beta version.
Thanks for reporting, and sorry you had to experience the problem.

Have a good day !

Regards,

Hi,
Great to know it was a known bug and it's already fixed for future release.
I'm looking forward to download the next version.
Thanks.
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...