Create scene during live is running - Blind Editing

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Gregory_D
Operating System: Windows

Create scene during live is running - Blind Editing

Post by Gregory_D »

Hi,

There are a number of things about Blind Editing option in Daslight 4 i want to know if it's possible or make a suggestion if not...

When my event is rolling, i'm in Live mode, playing some scenes (moving head movements, colors, effects etc...).
During this show playing, i want to create a scene.

1-- create a scene based on all scenes currently playing :
I know we can do a snapshoot creating a new scene (named "scene") cliking on the two icons in Live mode "live scene" or "LTP scene" but it only do a 1 step scene, taking a "screenshot" of the exact moment from the live.
Is this possible to create a new scene in Live with the combination of multiple playing scenes to have multiple steps recorded in one brand new scene (not 1 step, like movement or chaser eg.) ?

2-- create a scene in Live, with other scenes already playing :
I know what is Blind Editing. But it only allows to go to Edit tab during a Live with multiple scenes playing, and navigate or do some edits without any new DMX output, BUT we can't see what we're creating on laptop.
I want to create a new scene when other already created scenes are playing, without my audience to see it.
It would be great that 3D visualizer tool have a "Blind Editing" mode too, switching too in Blind Editing at the same time as in Daslight when we want, to view what we're editing during a show, in Edit Mode, without our audience seeing it.
Actually, i can only make edits blindly, and only basic no movement scene, since 3D viewer is running the Live show. It would be nice if it can show me the edits i'm doing if Blind Editing mode is ON and if i'm on Edit tab doing edits and creating scene... It would help a lot.
Even fixture window doesn't display the edits i'm making in Blind Editing mode when i'm on Edit tab.
So, we have nothing to create a scene and see what we're creating during a show (like position or movement), without it exits via the real DMX output ?

In short my overall question is, how to create non-basic scenes, without it being noticed, when scenes are already turning for the public ?

Thanks for your help.
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...
Benno

Re: Create scene during live is running - Blind Editing

Post by Benno »

Hi Gregory,

Point 1) This is a feature we would be interested in implimenting in a future version of the software. It would need some development as we would need to merge Scenes a bit like the 'As you see now' option in Sunlite Suite 2.

Point 2) This is not going to be possible I'm afraid. As you say the 3D visualiser is a realtime representation of the live DMX output from the software. It's not going to be possible to visualise movement effects or beam angles in the edit tab using blind mode.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Benno
--
Product Support
Gregory_D
Operating System: Windows

Re: Create scene during live is running - Blind Editing

Post by Gregory_D »

Benno wrote:Hi Gregory,

Point 1) This is a feature we would be interested in implimenting in a future version of the software. It would need some development as we would need to merge Scenes a bit like the 'As you see now' option in Sunlite Suite 2.

Point 2) This is not going to be possible I'm afraid. As you say the 3D visualiser is a realtime representation of the live DMX output from the software. It's not going to be possible to visualise movement effects or beam angles in the edit tab using blind mode.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ok, thank you very much for your answers.

Looking forward, for this "Create a scene as i see now" a day, it would be great mostly for movement thing (since we can already save a no movement scene "as i see" in live)
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...