Additive Scenes

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

TecRobin
Operating System: Windows

Additive Scenes

Post by TecRobin »

Hi everybody,

I don´t have a problem running several scenes at the same time. My issue is, that one scene gets additive on another.
For live mixing bands it would, for instance, be nice to have a red color in the first scene on all four fixtures. While pressing the second scene two of this fixture become blue (the other two keep the red color). In step two the other two fixtures become blue (and the prior two become red again). At Scene three shows all fixtures green. Activating Scene two should run the effect as explained above, with the difference the fixtures, that aren´t blue the moment, are green.
This isn´t, as far as I know, not possible at the moment.
As a former sunlite user I think of something like that:
Another possibility would be if "On" is only for one step, and not for a whole scene. Then you could activate every overlaying fixture (all colors, the other colors value zero) for the take an "Off" it in the next take.

Is such a function scheduled or is it possible in a way, I didn´t found?

Kind regards Robin from Germany
Benno

Re: Additive Scenes

Post by Benno »

I don´t have a problem running several scenes at the same time. My issue is, that one scene gets additive on another.
For live mixing bands it would, for instance, be nice to have a red color in the first scene on all four fixtures. While pressing the second scene two of this fixture become blue (the other two keep the red color). In step two the other two fixtures become blue (and the prior two become red again). At Scene three shows all fixtures green. Activating Scene two should run the effect as explained above, with the difference the fixtures, that aren´t blue the moment, are green.
This isn´t, as far as I know, not possible at the moment.
This is not possible is Daslight 4 presently, however it is a nice idea and something we would possible consider for a future version.

Another possibility would be if "On" is only for one step, and not for a whole scene. Then you could activate every overlaying fixture (all colors, the other colors value zero) for the take an "Off" it in the next take.
This is not something that we are planning at this time. Thanks for the feedback & suggestions.
Benno
--
Product Support