CRASH when open settings

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Gery
Operating System: Windows

CRASH when open settings

Post by Gery »

Please save selected Midi-Devices as Name, not as number in running order. If I connect more or less midi-devices, the wrong midi-device will be enabled when I start the software the next time.

Software crashes:
-When a wrong Midi-Device is selected in settings (Because of different number of midi devices connected since the last use of the software) and I open a show which uses Midi-Shortcuts, it will crash when i open the settings (for changing midi-device). I always have to be sure that the correct midi-device is enabled before loading my show. That is really annoying...
-When the daslight device is connected with ethernet to the software and i will disconnect the device and connect for example via usb. Then I want to change the device in the settings, but when I open the settings it crashes.

Other things:
I'm not able to write my cues on the device for stand alone mode. I'm able to read, test and clear memory, but the write mode is never be enabled (doesn't matter if connected via Ethernet or USB).

These are some of the bugs that I have seen, but in my opinion at least the main part (open settings!!!) should now already work without any problems. Why you are not able to do tests of your software before sell them for a lot of money to customers???

Windows 7 64bit
DasLight 22/12/2016
DVC4 Gold ZM

I really would like the software with the functions and possibilities that I would have if it would work stable.
If you are not able to fix it soon, please send me the source code and I will do it on my own.
If you will not be able to fix it in near future, I have to give back my device to get my money back because of the terrible implementation of your software.
Benno

Re: CRASH when open settings

Post by Benno »

Please save selected Midi-Devices as Name, not as number in running order. If I connect more or less midi-devices, the wrong midi-device will be enabled when I start the software the next time.
We have tested here and it appears there are various issues on the Windows version and Midi detection. I have passed on the details to the developers and they will look into it further.
-When a wrong Midi-Device is selected in settings (Because of different number of midi devices connected since the last use of the software) and I open a show which uses Midi-Shortcuts, it will crash when i open the settings (for changing midi-device). I always have to be sure that the correct midi-device is enabled before loading my show. That is really annoying...
-When the daslight device is connected with ethernet to the software and i will disconnect the device and connect for example via usb. Then I want to change the device in the settings, but when I open the settings it crashes.
These both sound like they could be connected to one of the other issues the developers are looking into. As soon as we have more info I will let you know.
When the daslight device is connected with ethernet to the software and i will disconnect the device and connect for example via usb. Then I want to change the device in the settings, but when I open the settings it crashes.
As discussed perviously via email the developer are looking into this and we will be in contact as soon we have have more information for you. In the meantime is it possible for you to connect via USB?
I'm not able to write my cues on the device for stand alone mode. I'm able to read, test and clear memory, but the write mode is never be enabled (doesn't matter if connected via Ethernet or USB).
Please can I check that you are dragging your Scenes from the ‘Show’ to the ‘Device’ box first? The Write button is not be enabled unless there are Scenes in the the Device box (see attached image). Hope that helps.
Attachments
stand_alone.jpg
stand_alone.jpg (21.91 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
Benno
--
Product Support
Benno

Re: CRASH when open settings

Post by Benno »

We have released a new Daslight 4 Beta (15.02.17) which includes a fix for the GZM connected ethernet crash when opening the preferences (download links - www.daslight.com/download.htm)

The developers are looking into the Midi detection issue and we hope to have a fix in the next Beta.
Benno
--
Product Support