Midi Clock Bug - selecting device

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Gery
Operating System: Windows

Midi Clock Bug - selecting device

Post by Gery »

Hello,

I'm not able to select a Midi Clock device in the settings. On macOS this is working fine. But on Windows I can not select them.
When i click on the drop down menu, I see all my Midi-Devices. If I go with the mouse over a device, it will be highlighted as long as I move the mouse over it. When stop the mouse over one of these devices and don't mve the mouse anymore, the device will no longer be highlighted.
If I try to choose one of the devices by moving the mouse and clicking very quick on it, it will be selected for a few miliseconds as Midi Clock device. After a few miliseconds it jumps back to "None".

Selecting Midi Input and Output devices is working fine.

I'm using Version Dec 22 2016 on Windows 7.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Another point: I would need a switch between BPM Audio, Tap and Midi with a Midi-Shortcut. At the moment there is only a midi-shortcut for BPM-Tap and BPM-Reset. Also a Midi-Shortcut for set BPM higher and lower would be great. I would like to change BPM with a Midi-Encoder knob.

Thanks it advance,
Gery
Schumaniac

Re: Midi Clock Bug - selecting device

Post by Schumaniac »

Hey Gery,

I argued with the same issue a few weeks/months ago. I had a Beta from may, where the midiclock worked perfectly, but using the official release from august, it did not work any longer. When they released a new Beta, I tried again with the new release, but nothing changed.
Not so long ago I changed my virtual midi application. Before changing I used "loopBe1", now I am using "LoopMidi". Now with one of the betas (I reckon it was something like octobre/november) it works again.

Configuration:
Win 10
i7, 16 gb ram
DVC 4 GZM
Numark DJ Controller
Traktor Kontrol F1 (midi controller for Daslight)

I think the problem was some interference between all the apps that were using midi via usb, some other users recommended using professional virtual midi software with more than one channel, but that didn't work for me either.
Now it works again, but as far as I know, they didn't change anything concerning the midi clock.

Hope I could help you at least a bit ... good luck in trying!
Cheers,
Dom
Schumaniac

Post by Schumaniac »

I checked again with the latest official release, it is NOT working correctly either ... same problem like you described it ...
so annoying ...
McMuffin

Post by McMuffin »

For me the same problem.
Also use LoopB1 under Win 10
Schumaniac

Post by Schumaniac »

Nothing? Noone?
So, including the midi clock feature is a nice deal, but if it is not working under specific circumstances, there might maybe be a suggestion by one of the MODs?!
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Guys, a couple of us have tested here and this is not something we can reproduce. To try and find out why some of you are are seeing the problem it would be helpful to get some more information.

1) Try other combo boxes in the software to see if you're having the same problem selecting (Scene release type, Audio input ext)
2) Send us a list of Midi devices you're using
3) Disable all Midi device apart from one
4) Close all other software to check to see if you can see any conflict
5) Check to see if you have any special window settings activated

We also have a new Beta coming soon which will be good to test with to see if you're still having the same problem.

Gery:
I would need a switch between BPM Audio, Tap and Midi with a Midi-Shortcut. At the moment there is only a midi-shortcut for BPM-Tap and BPM-Reset.
This is a nice suggestion which we will look into implimenting in a Beta soon.
Also a Midi-Shortcut for set BPM higher and lower would be great. I would like to change BPM with a Midi-Encoder knob.
We don't have manual BPM. This is not something we are considering right now. Thanks for the suggestions.
Benno
--
Product Support
Schumaniac

Post by Schumaniac »

Hey Benno,
thanks for your reply, i was thinking if the order of switching on devices and selecting features/preferences/whatsoever ... I'll give it a try with the new Beta and keep you uptodate!

Bonne soiree ;-)
Gery

Post by Gery »

Benno:
Gery:
I would need a switch between BPM Audio, Tap and Midi with a Midi-Shortcut. At the moment there is only a midi-shortcut for BPM-Tap and BPM-Reset.

This is a nice suggestion which we will look into implimenting in a Beta soon.

Any news on this?
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

It'll be available in next version.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Gery

Post by Gery »

Thanks.
Do you think you are able to release the new version until end of next week?
Please let me know. Otherwise I have to prepare my lightshow in another way.