Art-net supports Enttec ODE?

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

pavel89l
Operating System: Windows

Art-net supports Enttec ODE?

Post by pavel89l »

I can see my ArtNet to DMX (Enttec ODE) in Daslight 4 but can't seem to get it to do anything (send any signal out).

Am I missing something?

I've checked "online manual" and it mentions briefly that Art-Net is supported. But after searching in this forum I've come across someone suggesting that Daslight 4 needs to have "dvc4 gzm" to send anything over Art Net....

I would appreciate any help.
Attachments
Device Set up screen grab
Device Set up screen grab
dsArtNet_s.jpg (33.43 KiB) Viewed 16933 times
Benno

Re: Art-net supports Enttec ODE?

Post by Benno »

Hi pavel89l, yes you are correct to use ArtNet with Daslight 4 you will need to have a DVC4 GZM controller connected.

www.daslight.com/manuals/#/en/daslight- ... et-devices
Benno
--
Product Support
Mysteryland
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Mysteryland »

Benno wrote:you are correct to use ArtNet with Daslight 4 you will need to have a DVC4 GZM controller connected.

Dear Benno,

why is the fully Art-Net-compatibilty of Daslight 4 limited to the DVC4 GZM controller?

I bought a DVC Fun and i'm happy to use Dashlight 4 with MacOS.

With the growing scenes i purchased the update for unlimited scenes. Next to buy is the 512 channels upgrade.

Is there also an upgrade-path to use my Enttec ODE with the DVC Fun AND Dashlight 4?

Thank you in advance for your response and regards,
Heiko
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Heiko,

At present it's only possible to use ArtNet with the top of the range GZM controller and ArtNet Node. In the future we are planning to have ArtNet compatibility as an upgradable option with the DVC FUN. But at present this is just in the planning stage and cannot tell you a date when it will be available.
Benno
--
Product Support
Mysteryland

Post by Mysteryland »

Benno wrote:In the future we are planning to have ArtNet compatibility as an upgradable option with the DVC FUN. But at present this is just in the planning stage and cannot tell you a date when it will be available.

Hi Benno,

thank you for your reply - that sounds good for the future.

Even if i can't use my Enttec ODE now, is there a Daslight-compatible solution to extend the DMX-Signal of the DVC Fun wireless?

MacBook Pro -> USB Cable -> DVC Fun -> DMX-Cable 1 -> DMX Fixture 1 -> DMX-Cable 2 -> DMX Fixture 2 -> W-DMX Sender 1 -> W-DMX Receiver 1 -> DMX Fixture 3

Regards
Heiko
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Heiko, our devices send DMX so could be used with wireless DMX. Unfortunately we only manufacture the actual DMX controllers so cannot offer specific information on wireless DMX.

However I can recommend Wireless Solution in Sweden. wirelessdmx.com
Benno
--
Product Support
Mysteryland

Post by Mysteryland »

Benno wrote:Hi Heiko,

At present it's only possible to use ArtNet with the top of the range GZM controller and ArtNet Node. In the future we are planning to have ArtNet compatibility as an upgradable option with the DVC FUN. But at present this is just in the planning stage and cannot tell you a date when it will be available.

Dear Benno,

i was very happy to see in the release-notes of the Daslight Beta 01 June 2017 that it should now be possible "to update to use the DVC FUN with art-net, available as an add-on at DMXSoft.com"

I started my StoreUpgradeTooles, logged in to https://store.dmxsoft.com/ but there was no option to upgrade my DVC Fun.

Could you please tell me when and for which price the upgrade-option will be available?

Regards
Heiko
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Heiko,

The option is there but you just need to click the + on the left of the DMX channels options.

The Artnet option is at the bottom of the list (see attached image which should help). Kind Regards.
Attachments
artnet_option.png
artnet_option.png (92.46 KiB) Viewed 16346 times
Benno
--
Product Support
Mysteryland

Post by Mysteryland »

Hi Benno,

thanks for the informations. I tried it out and it works as expected :D

I'm very happy to use my Enttec ODE for the backlights.

Regards
Heiko
Ody2010

Post by Ody2010 »

Is there an Option to upgrade the numbers of Artnet Universes u can use in a GZM?
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Ody2010, it's not possible to upgrade the number Artnet universes on the GZM. You can however use multiple GZM's together connected to the software to increase the number (3 x for every GZM you have).
Benno
--
Product Support