Light - Dark Theme

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DASMESH
Operating System: Windows

Light - Dark Theme

Post by DASMESH »

the new dark theme is very stylish and modern - i like it very well - good job!

But the problem was on our last gig to handle the program on a daylight enviorment. It was impossible to see the dark scheme. The only way was to rise up the monitor settings to an unnormal level, than you can not read any text on pressed buttons on such high brightness or contrast. The light theme of the Library Editor is much better

A Light-Dark Theme change button or menu point is a practial solution for this matter.
Benno

Re: Light - Dark Theme

Post by Benno »

Hi DASMESH, thanks for your post. I understand that it can be a problem using the software in a daylight environment. I have taken note of the suggestion of having a light/dark skin for the software. I will pass in onto the the developers for consideration for a future release. Thanks again and have a good weekend.
Benno
--
Product Support
rtucknott

Post by rtucknott »

I'm having the same issue with the low contrast GUI of the software. Are there any updates to this request?

I'm generally ok with the dark look of this software as it's generally assumed that it will be operated in a dark environment, but the grey text on dark grey background provides horrible contrast and is difficult to read unless in a really dark environment.

Is there a different skin or contrast setting available yet? One coming soon?

Thanks
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi rtucknott,
Is there a different skin or contrast setting available yet? One coming soon?
No plan to implement anything at this point but it something we may consider for the future version.

Thanks for the feedback
Benno
--
Product Support
rikjohnson

Post by rikjohnson »

I've just purchased Daslight. It's impossible for me to see the screen because the skin is horrid and illegible. Sadly I'll have to return this to the dealer as I just can't see it to use it.

I'm guessing you people don't actually have to use this stuff for a living? Or you'd probably not be so lazy and think about those with disabilities and eye issues.

Pretty poor user experience and a ton of hassle now to return.
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi rikjohnson,

Sorry you didn't get along with the software. We offer Daslight 4 available as a free download so users can demo the software ahead of any purchase. When you say the skin is illegible do you mean the overall colour or the text when displayed on a high resolution maybe? Hopefully you purchased from a reputable dealer who will return your device quickly. Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support
rikjohnson

Post by rikjohnson »

Illegible as impossible to read. The contrast is really poor and clearly zero thought has been put in to those who don't have 20/20 vision and a blacked out room to work in.

Pale grey on off black really doesn't work.

The font on the fixtures took a magnifying glass to view too.

Also, it crashed twice on install as in 'Daslight 4 has stopped working' which didn't help the customer experience.

When you compare Daslight 4 to DMXIS and other apps, they just load up and work, and you can see them to work. I really must put up a video review on Youtube just to show how bad this experience was.

Thanks for the response though. I do appreciate it, but a support response along the lines of 'that's how it is, lump it' really isn't useful - but I guess you have enough worldwide paying customers not to give a hoot.
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi rikjohnson, thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear you're not happy with the skin and text. Guessing you must have a high resolution monitor. I will pass the details onto the developers so they can take this on board when designing future versions. As for the crash on install just tested and cannot reproduce here. I would suggest a fresh download and re-install in this case. Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support
rikjohnson

Post by rikjohnson »

I stuck with it, but sadly on the second use of the interface the mini usb connector has gone intermittent. The build quality is appauling. I wonder if I could eat a bunch of electronic components and s**t out a better build? Stuck with it now as I've thrown the box away, but what a pile of shyte.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Sorry to read you're experiencing technical difficulties with your interface. Please, contact our support center on this website :
https://store.daslight.com/fr/support

Your interface will be taken in, repaired and sent back to you.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
fjouanny

Post by fjouanny »

Hi,
Same urgent request... Please, make a light theme ! I understand the need of a dark theme, and it is very usefull in live situation, that's right. But when preparing the show offline, at home, it's just impossible to use this software. May be you can propose a small panel to customize ourselves the interface (color of the text, color of the background, color of the windows, the buttons, etc...), and save them in personnal presets ? Not difficult to code such things, so I'm waiting for them before considering buying this nice software...
Stay in contact,
Cheers
Franck