Bugs report v4

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

PolDavril
Operating System: Windows

Bugs report v4

Post by PolDavril »

- Why internet connexion required ? Application unusable on location !

- EDIT -> Scene play (upper right arrow) : cursors do not display

- Fade-in/out time on scene -> unchecked channels (for fade) should not fade but they do (example : shutter channel on a 4-channel PAR LED)

- How to delete a scene ? Can't find the option.

(to be continued)
PolDavril

Post by PolDavril »

DVC4 crashes on exit.
No message.

Windows 8.1
PolDavril

Post by PolDavril »

Is Daslight programmed in France ? In other words, is it ok to report beta tests in this forum in French ?

Le développement de Daslight se fait-il en France ? Autrement dit, est-ce bien pour vous si les rapports de tests sont postés ici en Français ?
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi PolDavril, thanks for the information, if you could continue writing in English please that would be great.
- Why internet connexion required ? Application unusable on location !
Apologies an internet connection a conditions of using software in this Beta phase. Rest assured though, once the software is officially released this will no longer need a internet connection.

- EDIT -> Scene play (upper right arrow) : cursors do not display
Please could you give more details about this one so I can investigate further?

- Fade-in/out time on scene -> unchecked channels (for fade) should not fade but they do (example : shutter channel on a 4-channel PAR LED)
Thanks for this I have passed this information onto the Developers to look into.

- How to delete a scene ? Can't find the option.

Hit Shift + Backspace while a scene button is selected, this will bring up the delete option.
Benno
--
Product Support
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi
Regarding the cursors that do not display, its because we don't allow value modification for a scene in editor while it's playing (same goes for DVC3 except the cursors were shown you could move it but no value was changed :? )

Fade-in/out time on scene -> unchecked channels (for fade) should not fade but they do (example : shutter channel on a 4-channel PAR LED)

What do you call unchecked channels ?

Regarding the way to delete a scene, don't worry it will be easier with the next beta :wink:
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
PolDavril

Post by PolDavril »

Hi,

Unchecked channels = channels not selected for dimming with the 'v' check symbol (thus, select box left blank).

These channels should not dim when fade in/out values are set in a step or a scene, or with a live fader.

Example with a 4-channels PAD LED.
Channels 1,2,3 can be dimmed (box selected).
Channel 4 cannot dim (box not selected).

In this example, channel 4 (shutter) has a value range for "master fade" (example 0-200) and a second interval (example 201-255) for different strobe speeds.
If the 4th channel is dimmed, the light flashes when the strobe values are reached, which is not wanted.
PolDavril

Post by PolDavril »

DVC4 error on exit.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DVC4.exe
Application Version: 15.1127.5786.711
Application Timestamp: 5658911b
Fault Module Name: Qt5Core.dll
Fault Module Version: 5.4.1.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 559ce819
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00101754
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: d1d9
Additional Information 4: d1d94a13d3609d6b740644c12508f581

Brand new laptop with Windows 8.1
Toshiba AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.00 GHz
12 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Jan09

Post by Jan09 »

When i save a pan tilt effect only the number of points and the phasing value get saved, but not the shape.
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi Jan09
Thanks for the feedback, it will be fixed in the beta :wink:
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
Tummy

Post by Tummy »

Bug report?:

i love the matrix function and i want to use it with many fixtures existing on fixed instal driven by dvc 3 (crashes when 2 universes full patched)

when i have like mac 101,

and i make a color effect Grid lines, i select now colors..
i can not delete all.. i get a minumum of 3,
when i select a color like Black (out), i see my fixtures changed. and i click OK/apply it turned blue..

hope a finished version comes quickly, so i can use this dvc 4 with +- 320 moving rgb fixtures.. (dvc 3 is shit because only the size 10 is maximum). (so 32 fixtures give the same color with a chaser)

is my show File from dvc 3 compatible with the dvc4 or do i have to repatch everything in dvc4?
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi tummy
thanks for the feedback, the color bug will be fixed for the next beta version :) . You can use cancel as a workaround :wink:

Regarding the colors, yes the grid lines effect uses 3 colors, and I know that in the current version its not very obvious so we already made some arrangements for the next version...

And yes, you can use you dvc3 show file directly in dvc4 :) with some limitations like effects, some easy remote associations...

JRock
Jan09

Post by Jan09 »

When I start scene all live set channels get reset. But when i move a channel fader all live set levels come back. Is this a bug or do i do something wrong?
Last edited by Jan09 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willem

Install error

Post by Willem »

I have installed DVC 4 on my Windows vista with 2GB RAm (dell optiplex). But when I want to start daslight, I get this message:

The application has failed to start because the configuration is incorrect together. check the event log for more information

What should I do? And where can I find the event log? I already tried to reinstall but it doesn't work :cry:.
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi Willem
We're sorry but Daslight 4 needs at least windows 7 to run...

JRock
Willem

Post by Willem »

Then time for a new laptop. How much ram do you need at least to let the program works perfectly? Does daslight works correctly with Win 10?

And I'm missing the confimed button in some Dutch menu's.