DVC3 and Easy remote - Bug?

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

PATe

DVC3 and Easy remote - Bug?

Post by PATe »

Hi Guys.
I have a problem with the easy remote app. I don't know if its a bug or mistake on my part. My english is not so well but I hope you understand my descriptions.

My System:

Notebook:
win 7 64 bit
2 x 2.20 GHz (Intel)
4 GB RAM

Tablet:
ASUS TF 101 with android 4.0.3

both in the same LAN

I have created a show with DVC3 (Jul 27 2012) and it runs in the live mode good.

The second step should be the remote control via easy remote. I added a few buttons and it runs. Later I added more buttons and now there is a mistake. Not all at the notebook added (and shown) buttons are also shown on the tablet or they are only shown wrong.

I think the attached pictures explain my problem.

notebook display:

tablet display:

If you have some more question i would answer.

Best regards from Germany and many thanks for your answers

Phil
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Is it the same buttons which are missed off each time? If yes, right click on the component in the Easy Remote designer and make sure that the Network Send option is selected.

If different buttons are being missed, this is due to missed messages on the network. Try using a stronger WiFi router.
PATe

Post by PATe »

Hello SimonB.

The network send option is selected.

I lost the buttons during the creating of the era display. After I've created the first buttons everything is ok. But suddenly when I created a new button some old buttons are lost. Or they have the wrong color (see picture in the first post). In my opinion the lost of the network messages is the most probably reason.

Is there something different in the DVC Version between july and october? I have this problemes with a *.era file which was written with the version of July and used with both versions. Yesterday I have created a new *.era file with the DVC Version of october. There are more buttons than ever and until now I don't have a problem.

Thanks for your help

Phil
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi Phil

I think the later versions send each message several times, so if packets are lost on the network, they have a second chance.
PATe

Post by PATe »

yes, that explains that it runs now. I will inform you if I have this problem again
mikeD

Post by mikeD »

I am having this same problem and I have noticed a pattern.

When I first create an ERA file, all of the initial buttons I create before saving the file show up fine. Once I have named and saved the file, buttons created afterward become buggy. Some show up and others don't. It is usually the same button on reload, but not always. Our network is fine and I have tried multiple routers, same problem. Network send is enabled.

This is mostly a problem when I build a screen off of a template, not when building from scratch. But I created a template because I need to save time.

Here are some images from the App and the Desktop. Two show a control where every button works (my template). The others show a screen that was edited from the template and the missing buttons.

Control Set (No Bug):

Image Image

Bugged Set:

Image Image
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

mail me your ERA file and DVC3 showfile and I'll make some tests
martin

Post by martin »

Hello,

I'm facing the same issue (buttons are lost in the Ipad while present and working on the PC) with the latest version of ERA and teh feb 2014 version of Daslight Beta.

Could the bug be related to the "ERA subfamily" one fixed in the march's version ?

Martin
martin

Post by martin »

Does anyone has the same issue ?
big_seehund

Post by big_seehund »

Yes here is the Same problem...

I tried with win 7 and Differenz routers

Also tried to remap the Lost Buttons but then an other Button go away
big_seehund

Post by big_seehund »

it is fixed.
giugno

Post by giugno »

I also have the exact same problem.
:(

it is fixed.
:D

How did you solve it?

thanks
Andygspot

Same issue

Post by Andygspot »

Hey everybody,

and the same issue. What is the solution to fix it???

Best wishes

Andy
JoyceCristal

Post by JoyceCristal »

New versions of software bring new features and fix bugs, but sometimes they also cause problems like incompatibilities with older hardware or software.

http://essayhelpuk.com/