Can I use the new DVC3 software on my old DMX interface?

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

simonB
Site Admin

Can I use the new DVC3 software on my old DMX interface?

Post by simonB »

All the latest generation of DVC2 interfaces will be compatible with DVC3 software. The hardware references are:

- DVC2 GZM (SIUDI7A)
- DVC2 GOLD (SIUDI8A)
- DVC2 512 (SIUDI8C or SIUDI9A)
- DVC2 128-M (SIUDI9A)
- DVC2 PAD (STICK2)

If you have an older interface (SIUDI1, SIUDI2, SIUDI5A, SIUDI5C, SIUDI6A, SIUDI6C) it is not possible to use DVC3 software. The DVC2 eco is an older interface.

Upgrade offers are available if you are interested in exchanging your old interface with a new interface.

My old DASLIGHT hardware looks the same as the DVC3 hardware. Is it the same?
Yes, some DVC2 DMX interfaces are 100% the same as the DVC3 DMX interfaces.
This means that both can be used with the same software- DVC2 and DVC3.

- DVC2 GZM (SIUDI7A) is 100% the same as the DVC3 GZM.
- DVC2 GOLD (SIUDI8A) is 100% the same as the DVC3 GZM.
- DVC2 512 (SIUDI9A) is 100% the same as the DVC3 512.
- DVC2 128-M (SIUDI9A) is 100% the same as the DVC3 128.
- DVC2 PAD (STICK2) is 100% the same as the DPAD 128.
lxrixta

Older Interfaces

Post by lxrixta »

Hi Simon, May i ask why the reason behind not supporting the older interfaces?

I purchased my DVC 512 SIUDI 5C March last year, whilst i understand the supplier may have had old stock it seems a little unfair that i cant use this nice shiney new software without paying more money :(
doodle

Post by doodle »

I agree. My DVC128M SIUDI6A is less than a year old. Why are we having to pay 199 euros to upgrade to be able to use the new version ? Especially since the new software version is fixing known bugs and design flaws that were clearly discussed in these forums.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I'm sorry but this is the decision which has been made. If you have purchased an older product recently from one of our distributors who may have been holding stock for a while, then please e-mail me a copy of your invoice and serial number.
lxrixta

Post by lxrixta »

out of curiosity, who was this decision made by and can we have their contact details? I will send you my serial number in a private message.
darrelletherington

Interface Comparability

Post by darrelletherington »

Hi,

I'm confused as I understand from the comments above the DVC2 Eco interface is not supported in the new DVC3 Beta Software but I was one of the few that received the leaked link to the Beta Software a couple of months back and as I had downloaded it decided to test it.

I have been using it fine for several months with the DVC2 Eco interface. Now the official Beta has been launched it does not work anymore and the forums now state it is unsupported - how come it worked with 1st Beta but not now? Seems harsh that it clearly did work and has now been programmed out so I need to pay for a new interface??

Also, the interface is only about 18 months old!

Regards,
Darrell.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Also I am very disappointed with the decision to program the 'older' interfaces out.

For a long time I have been following the forum because of the development of DVC3. I had hoped to finally have a stable software version with all bugs and (to my opinion) missing features fixed/updated. When I visited this forum after my first disappointments (two years ago, right after the purchase). I first read the topics where Simon was referring to 'the other', 'superior' software: Sunlite (that raised my questions)..

But then, the first rumours started about the new version and I got hope again. Everybody was giving their input for improvements and was looking forward to the new software.

Now (after way longer than expected and promised), the new sofware is finally there. And what appears? Only the people who purchased Daslight VERY recent can enjoy this upgrade..!

I am not going to invest another penny (or euro cent) in new software. I was expecting to get a full (and supported) version when I purchased Daslight two years ago.

I'm disappointed what Daslight can deliver nowadays with '25-years of experience'.